The Caulfield Stakes 2012 is one of three elite levels highlighting the Caulfield Guineas Day program this Saturday and to help you pick the winner in this important Cox Plate lead-up below you will find the exclusive Races.com.au Caulfield Stakes form guide and betting analysis.
There are only seven stayers still in contention for the $400,000 Group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m), running as Caulfield Race 5 at 2:50pm, following the early withdrawal of the injured Manighar.
With Peter Moody’s triple Group 1 champ out of the mix odds on the hot favourite Ocean Park have firmed further with Gary Hennessy’s ultra-impressive Underwood Stakes winner into $1.55 at bookmaker.com.au to make it three Group 1 wins on the trot.
The other top fancy in the markets is then Group 1 performer Sincero in gate two, Stephen Farley’s first-up Memsie Stakes champ out to improve on their fifth in the Underwood.
It is then a wide open affair for third spot with the next shortest priced hopeful being one-time spring fancy Alcopop ($11).
This is Caulfield Stakes’ betting picture but what does the race form guide and betting history say?
The expert form analysts at Races.com.au have done the hard work for you ahead of the first Group 1 of Caulfield Guineas Day going over the Caulfield Stakes field, form guide and stats to uncover where you money should be at.
2012 Caulfield Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Caulfield Stakes winner was the Gai Waterhouse-trained Descarado who came off an unplaced run in Sydney, jumped from barrier eight (of nine) and was ridden by Nash Rawiller
- This year Waterhouse & Rawiller are without a runner
- Last year’s winning gate is also out with just seven horses left in the field, the widest-drawn being #4 Alcopop ($11) now in seven
- #6 Ocean Park ($1.55) is the only last start winner in this year’s race having taken out the Group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m) at the track
- There have been 14 winners of the Underwood – Caulfield Stakes double over the years most recently So You Think (2010)
- Recent history also hints at the favourite #6 Ocean Park with favourites having won two of the past three Caulfield Stakes with So You Think (2010) and Whobegotyou (2009)
- The favourite also boasts the best Win Rate of the field with 55.56% followed closely by #5 Sanagas (53.85%) and #2 Sincero (50.00%)
- #6 Ocean Park (88.89%) also has the best Place Percentage of the field easily followed by #5 Sanagas (61.54%)
- Horses with winning form at Caulfield previously are #7 Sabrage (3-2-0-0), #2 Sincero (3-1-0-0), #4 Alcopop (4-1-1-0) and #6 Ocean Park (1-1-0-0)
- Over the 2000m those with the best record are #3 Midas Touch (3-1-0-0), #4 Alcopop (8-2-1-0), #7 Sabrage (4-1-0-0) and while they haven’t won over the distance #6 Ocean Park (2-0-2-0) has come close twice
- The current showers and more wet weather to come have predictions of a Slow Caulfield track and horses that this will suit that have good Slow / Heavy track records include #2 Sincero, #4 Alcopop, #5 Sanagas and #8 Vatuvei
Stay tuned for our exclusive Caulfield Stakes betting tips and exotic selections to be published shortly.
2012 Caulfield Stakes Field & Form Guide
Caulfield Race 5 – 2:50pm (AEST) – 13/10/2012
|1.||MANIGHAR||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||6||59||7yoG||21||$115,030||31: 10 6 5||32.26%||67.74%||123×26|
|2.||SINCERO||S Farley||Michael Rodd||2||59||5yoG||21||$70,646||24: 12 1 0||50.00%||54.17%||454×15|
|3.||MIDAS TOUCH||Robert Hickmott||Hugh Bowman||5||59||6yoH||21||$63,864||19: 2 3 3||10.53%||42.11%||5×0007|
|4.||ALCOPOP||Jake Stephens||Dominic Tourneur||8||59||8yoG||15||$21,364||30: 9 3 0||30.00%||40.00%||9×7897|
|5.||SANAGAS||J B Cummings||Brad Rawiller||1||59||7yoG||21||$21,603||13: 7 1 0||53.85%||61.54%||116×00|
|6.||OCEAN PARK||G T Hennessy||Glen Boss||7||58||4yoH||21||$56,681||9: 5 3 0||55.56%||88.89%||282×11|
|7.||SABRAGE||M D Moroney||Kerrin Mc Evoy||3||58||4yoH||15||$26,448||15: 2 1 2||13.33%||33.33%||02×065|
|8.||VATUVEI||P G Moody||Ben Melham||4||58||4yoG||20||$12,412||13: 2 1 3||15.38%||46.15%||125×03|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change