With Caulfield Cup ballot exemption up for grabs, it is little surprise to see a full field of 16 horses named to contest the Group 2 2012 Herbert Power Stakes (2400m) on Saturday.
With competition for spots in the Caulfield Cup so competitive, for many a win this weekend is the only guarantee of gaining a start.
Saturday’s staying test appears to be a competitive race, with four horses falling under double figures and a number of others not far behind.
- Gatewood ($3.60): From the stable of prolific English trainer John Gosden, Gatewood opened as high as $5.00 but has been backed in considerably. His first start on Australian soil after placing at Group 2 level in France in his most recent start in August.
- Exceptionally ($5.00): Consistent mare who has not missed a place in her last four starts including the Group 3 Naturalism Stakes last start.
- Excluded ($7.50): Part of Lloyd Williams team, Excluded won consecutive races early in the spring but finished eighth when an odds-on favourite in the JRA Cup.
- Dance With Her ($12.00): Highly consistent mare who finished second in the JRA Cup after drawing poorly. Ran second to Lights Of Heaven in the Brisbane Cup in the winter and should be in the mix here.
- Bianmick ($12.00): Progressive six-year-old who has climbed through the grades and is now chasing a fourth consecutive win. Won the Group 3 JRA Cup at his most recent start.
- Reuben Percival ($12.00): The six-year-old is an out-and-out stayer and earned his trip to Melbourne with a solid third to Glencadam Gold in the Metropolitan.
The Herbet Power Stakes is one of the best betting races on the Caulfield card this weekend, so ensure you are getting great odds on it by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
Bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and operated and have a bookmaker.com.au for customers who sign up quoting the code BONUSBET.