Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
It may be just a small field for the Group 1 2012 Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) this weekend but it includes some three-year-olds who possess genuine quality.
Among that genuine quality is the race favourite Proisir ($1.45) who is a clear top betting pick ahead of fellow unbeaten colt It’s A Dundeel ($4.20).
Both are talented, unbeaten colts who are destined for bigger things this spring and throughout their careers.
- #1 Proisir $1.45
- Three starts to date: shortest winning margin of two lengths.
- Won last start at Newcastle in the Group 3 Spring Champion Stakes by an astonishing six lengths.
- Comes from the highly successful Waterhouse stable and as such as ridden forward meaning he is likely to control the race pace.
- This will suit him in the contest against It’s A Dundeel who is a back market and may be left with too much to catch.
- Nash Rawiller rides again, knows the horse and is one of the best judges of pace in the business.
- Hard to back against but is the $1.45 too short?
- #2 It’s a Dundeel bookmaker.com.au
- He’s a star in the making and will love the extra distance here as he steps up to 2000m for the first time.
- Trained by Murray Baker who knows how to get them up for the big races.
- Could be tough to run down Proisir if he isn’t ridden more forward this time out as has come from the back in all starts thus far.
- Has a sensational finish though as seen in the Gloaming Stakes.
There are some other promising types in the field such as Honorius ($10.00), Lunar Rise ($13.00) and King Of Olympia but it’s hard to look past the top two in this race.
Quinella: #1 Proisir and #2 It’s A Dundeel
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.