Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
David Vandyke-trained gelding Lamasery has shown he is well and truly over the injury problems that threatened to end his career and stands as a genuine contender for the Group 1 2012 Metropolitan (2400m) at Randwick tomorrow.
The six-year-old finished third in the Metrop last year and is out to take top honours this year and record a first-ever Group 1 win.
His form has been terrific again heading into the Metrop and a good run will see him off to Melbourne to contest bigger and better things.
Keep reading for the crucial stats and the pros and cons about backing Lamasery this weekend!
Horse Facts – Lamasery
- Jockey: Peter Robl
- Trainer: David Vandyke
- Owners: SP Mayer and Mrs MM Mayer
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Commands out of Verse
- Career: 21 11-2-3
- Prize Money: $600,450
- Current bookmaker.com.au Metropolitan Odds: $4.00
Why Lamasery can win the 2012 Metropolitan:
- In form and flying, last start stormed home to beat many of these in the Hill Stakes
- Has won at the distance before
- Drawn well in barrier one
- In-form trainer David Vandyke
Why Lamasery can’t win the 2012 Metropolitan:
- Never one at Group 1 level
- Had a similar lead-up and was in good form last year only to get beaten by three lengths when third
- Faces genuinely tough opposition
Think Lamasery will win the Metrop? Glencadam Gold? Kelinni? Permit? Stout Hearted? Whoever you like, be sure to get great odds by betting with bookmaker.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.