Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Glencadam Gold is a deserving favourite for Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Metropolitan (2400m) at Randwick.
The Gai Waterhouse-trained import has been in terrific form since arriving in Australia, producing three consecutive victories and is now being aimed at the Melbourne Cup.
But he faces the biggest test of his career so far this weekend as he rises in class to take on a quality bunch of stayers all chasing Group 1 glory.
Keep reading for the facts that matter as well as the reasons to back or not to back Glencadam Gold in the Metropolitan.
Horse Facts – Glencadam Gold
- Jockey: Tommy Berry
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: K Wood, Team McDonnell, R Smith, Paul McClure, B Pang, Bongiorno Herron, G Diamond, Fesen Pty Ltd, B Stracey & UK Stayers
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Refuse To Blend out of Sandrella
- Career: 11 5-2-1
- Prize Money: AU $205, 580 and GB £14,859
- Current bookmaker.com.au Metropolitan Odds: $3.80.
Why Glencadam Gold can win the 2012 Metropolitan:
- Brings terrific form into the race, has won last three.
- Gai Waterhouse is aiming him at the Melbourne Cup so distance won’t be a problem
- Drawn well in barrier five which means he won’t have to work too hard early to assume lead
Why Glencadam Gold can’t win the 2012 Metropolitan:
- Rise in class in his first Group 1 test
- While he won the Newcastle Cup convincingly he was out on his feet at the end, could be tough to back up from that.
Whether you think Glencadam Gold is a good bet in the Metropolitan or not, be sure to bet with great odds this weekend by signing up at bookmaker.com.au.
One of the great things about the Aussie-owned bookie is their $400 bonus bet offer which can be split up to four ways!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.