Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Stout Hearted will be out to score 2012 Metropolitan victory on Saturday and in doing so claim the second straight victory in the Group 1 event for leading Sydney trainer Chris Waller.
Stout Hearted is the top rated of Waller’s four Metropolitan runners with the others being Kelinni, Permit and last year’s winner The Verminator.
Waller has been aiming the four-year-old import at the race since he produced some quality wins in the winter and he heads into the race with terrific form behind him.
But the promising stayer faces his toughest tough yet this weekend against quality opposition including impressive last-start winners Lamasery and Glencadam Gold.
For the full run down of facts as well as reasons why Stout Hearted can and can’t win this weekend keep reading!
Horse Facts – Stout Hearted
- Jockey: Glyn Schofield
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: GL Grimish and Mrs M Grimish
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Dynaformer out of Seebe
- Career: 16 6-1-2
- Prize Money: AU$249,170 and GB£16,149
- Current bookmaker.com.au Metropolitan Odds: $6.50
Why Stout Hearted can win the 2012 Metropolitan:
- Super consistent. Has not finished worse than fourth in last 10 starts
- Chris Waller has been aiming at this all preparation
- Drawn well in barrier six
Why Stout Hearted can’t the 2012 Metropolitan:
- Yet to win at track or distance
- Rise in class, first try at Group 1 level
- Was beaten 1 1/2 lengths when fourth last start by fellow Metrop runner Lamasery
No matter who you are backing in the Metropolitan this weekend, the best place to do it is bookmaker.com.au!
Innovators of Quickbet technology – the fastest way to bet – bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and offers a $400 bonus bet to new customers!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.