Chris Waller’s fillies dominate the nominations...
Peter Snowden’s in-form four-year-old Ambidexter has been the best backed horse in the Epsom Handicap 2012 oddsover the past 24 hours, so what is it about this market mover that makes them such an attractive bet for the feature at Royal Randwick this weekend?
The 12-start son of Commands scored their third career victory first-up on September 15 when they got the better of current Epsom Handicap favourite Fat Al ($4.60) in the Group 2 Theo Marks Stakes (1400m) at Rosehill.
They will be tested again this Saturday taking on Fat Al and a classy field of other rivals including George Main Stakes winner Shoot Out ($5.50) and the defending Epsom champion Secret Admirer ($9) in the $500,000 Group 1 The Star Epsom (1600m).
So can Ambidexter prove their Theo Marks success was no fluke and score their first Group 1 victory on Saturday? Or will they be lucky to run a place as they step up in class?
#6 Ambidexter – Horse Details
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Commands from Quest For Fame mare Dextrous
- Career: 12-3-2-1
- Win: 25.00%
- Place: 50.00%
- Last 6: 4442×1
- Prize Money: $337,300
- Track: 3-0-1-0
- Distance: 2-0-0-1
- Current 2012 Epsom Handicap Odds: $7
Why Ambidexter Can Score An Upset 2012 Epsom Handicap Result
- Is the early market mover having been backed in from $7.50 to $7 at bookmaker.com.au
- Drawn nicely in barrier four so should get a good run but need to stay out of trouble early
Why Ambidexter Can’t Win the Epsom Handicap 2012
- Only has a fair Win Rate of 25% and their place rate is only 50% so their record reads hit and miss
- Faces a really tough field of Group 1 winners here including Shoot Out ($5.50) and Rangirangdoo ($7.50) who ran one-two in the George Main last start
- Yet to win at Randwick from three attempts or over the mile from two attempts
Think Ambidexter has what it takes to get the better of the favourites in the Epsom Handicap this Saturday?
Back them now at the guaranteed best price online with bookmaker.com.au – the 100 percent Australian owned and operated sportsbook offering new sign-ups a $400 bonus bet to use at their leisure when they deposit and quote the code BONUSBET this spring.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.