Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Successful Joe Pride-trained sprinter Rain Affair is rated a short-priced favourite to win the Group 2 2012 Premiere Stakes (1200m) at Randwick on Saturday.
The five-year-old is being offered at $2.50 by bookmaker.com.au to bounce back from a disappointing first-up fourth and add to his outstanding record of 11 wins from 16 starts.
A convincing win would see the son of Commands shoot back into contention for a shot at the Group 1 Manikato Stakes later this month which was his original spring target.
While the exciting front-runner is a clear favourite, there are plenty of other quality runners in the field including:
- Streama ($6.00): Multiple Group 1 winner heading towards the Myer Classic. Ran a promising third first-up to More Joyous in the Sheraco Stakes.
- Red Tracer ($6.00): Ultra consistent mare who will kick off her spring campaign this weekend. Has a great first-up record and is coming off a Brisbane winter campaign where she won at Group 2 level and finished fourth in the Group 1 Tatt’s Tiara. Would prefer it wet.
- Satin Shoes ($8.00): Finished ahead of Rain Affair when third in the Concorde first-up and has since run a narrow second to Pampelonne in the Shorts. No doubting the consistency of this mare but she has drawn the widest barrier in the 10-horse field.
- Pear Tart ($12.00): Promising mare who is running first-up here. Has won her last four starts including the Group 1 Tattersall’s Tiara.
- Emotional Circus ($14.00): A run-on type horse who will benefit from the speed set be Rain Affair up front. Beat Miss Marx first-up who has since run a second to More Joyous and won the Testa Rossa Stakes.
As it looks it is a case of Rain Affair against a group of classy mares and it is sure to be a thrilling way to round out the day at Randwick this weekend.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.