One of the four Group 1 showdowns on the Randwick race card this Saturday is the Flight Stakes 2012, and to help you back the winning filly below is the insider Races.com.au Flight Stakes form guide and betting analysis.
A total of nine three-year-old fillies are accepted for the $400,000 Group 1 Flight Stakes (1600m) this year, the set weights clash to run as Royal Randwick Race 6 at 3:20pm.
Three horses dominate the latest Flight Stakes odds and betting markets with the Bart Cummings-trained Tea Rose Stakes runner-up Norzita ($3.50), Clarry Conners’ Furious Stakes winner Dear Demi ($3.60) and the unbeaten Gai Waterhouse-trained Urban Groove ($4).
But are these top three the ones to beat and lock into the trifecta? And if so, who will win and who will fill the minor placings?
Or can an outsider like Tea Rose Stakes winner Longport ($11) or the consistent Jade Marauder ($7.50) score an upset Flight Stakes result in 2012?
Having gone over the 2012 Flight Stakes field, form guide and betting history below the Races.com.au crew have put together the essential facts and stats on the classic for you to read before you place!
2012 Flight Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Flight Stakes winner Streama came off wins in the Furious Stakes and Tea Rose Stakes, jumped from barrier nine (of 10) and was ridden by Hugh Bowman
- This year both the Furious Stakes winner (#1 Dear Demi, $3.60) and Tea Rose Stakes winner (#2 Longport, $11) are in the Flight Stakes
- Last year’s winning barrier this year belongs to #9 Gondokoro ($81) while Hugh Bowman will look for back-to-back wins riding the favourite #5 Norzita ($3.50)
- The only other filly to be ridden by a former Flight Stakes winning jockey is #9 Gondokoro (Corey Brown)
- #6 Urban Groove ($4) has won both of her career starts to date giving her the best Win Rate (100%) followed by #2 Longport (60%)
- Aside from #6 Urban Groove (100%) the next best Place Percentages then belong to #2 Longport (80%) and #3 Jade Marauder (75%)
- There are three last-start winners in the race this year with #2 Longport (Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes, 1500m, Randwick, 15/09/2012), #6 Urban Groove (Listed Reginald Allen, 1200m, Rosehill, 29/09/2012) and #8 Duet (Maiden Plate, 1300, Kembla Grange, 15/09/2012)
- Fillies to win at the track before are #1 Dear Demi (5-1-1-0), #2 Longport (1-1-0-0) and #3 Jade Marauder (3-1-0-2)
- #1 Dear Demi (2-1-1-0) is the only one to have won over the 1600m before while roughies #4 Flying Snitzel ($31) and #7 Chez Harmony ($101) have seen the once distance before but failed to run a place
- Gai Waterhouse’s late father Tommy Smith holds the training record in the Flight Stakes with 12 winners while Waterhouse has seven wins in the feature most recently with More Joyous (2009)
- This year Waterhouse will shoot for number eight with #6 Urban Groove ($4)
- Other fillies prepared by a former Flight Stakes winning trainer are then #7 Chez Harmony (David Payne), #1 Dear Demi (Clarry Conners), and the Bart Cummings-trained duo of #5 Norzita and #8 Duet ($12)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our exclusive Epsom Handicap Day betting tips including our selections for the Flight Stakes.
In the meantime why not treat yourself to a $400 bonus bet simply by taking two minutes out to sign-up, make your first deposit and enter the codeword BONUSBET.
2012 Flight Stakes Field & Form Guide
Randwick Race 6 – 3:20pm – 06/10/2012
|1.||DEAR DEMI||C E Conners||James Mc Donald||5||56||3yoF||14||$34,764||11: 3 2 2||27.27%||63.64%||12×314|
|2.||LONGPORT||John Thompson||Christian Reith||7||56||3yoF||14||$42,346||5: 3 1 0||60.00%||80.00%||2×1191|
|3.||JADE MARAUDER||C J Waller||Glyn Schofield||9||56||3yoF||14||$24,725||8: 2 1 3||25.00%||75.00%||10×533|
|4.||FLYING SNITZEL||G A Ryan||Kerrin Mc Evoy||1||56||3yoF||7||$17,530||10: 2 0 2||20.00%||40.00%||4×6466|
|5.||NORZITA||J B Cummings||Hugh Bowman||3||56||3yoF||14||$20,660||5: 1 2 0||20.00%||60.00%||51522|
|6.||URBAN GROOVE||Ms G Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||4||56||3yoF||7||$38,625||2: 2 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||11|
|7.||CHEZ HARMONY||David Payne||Nathan Berry||6||56||3yoF||24||$4,317||9: 0 1 3||0.00%||44.44%||325336|
|8.||DUET||J B Cummings||Peter Robl||2||56||3yoF||21||$8,333||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||521|
|9.||GONDOKORO||P G Carey||Corey Brown||8||56||3yoF||8||$803||4: 0 0 1||0.00%||25.00%||0x753|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change