Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the two Group 2 features highlighting the Rosehill race card this Saturday will be the Stan Fox Stakes 2012, and with two horses battling for top spot in the markets below we have our insider Stan Fox Stakes betting tips.
The Peter Snowden-trained Albrecht and Haradasun gelding Kabayan from the Gai Waterhouse stables currently pay $2 and $2.20 respectively through bookmaker.com.au to win the $250,000 Group 2 Stan Fox Stakes (1500m) and are the only two the punters want.
Both promising three-year-olds come via the Sydney Spring Racing Carnival’s opening Group 1 race having run second (Albrecht) and fifth (Kabayan) to Albrecht’s stablemate Epaulette in the Golden Rose over 1400m at Rosehill on September 15.
But is it Group 3 Up & Coming Stakes winning Redoute’s Choice colt Albrecht or Group 1 TJ Smith runner-up Kabayan that is the one to back in the Stan Fox Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au?
And with the rest of the small seven-horse Stan Fox Stakes field at $15 or above, where is the value at in the markets for Rosehill Race 4 at 2:40pm this Saturday?
#1 Albrecht ($2)
- Their second in the Golden Rose was an eye-catching effort and went down to the wire
- The extra 100m here is going to suit and Snowden is looking at the Caulfield Guineas so he knows they will get a mile
- Their 50% Win Rate and 100% Place Rate cannot be ignored
- If the pace is on (like it was in the Rose) they won’t lose this one
#2 Kabayan ($2.20)
- Were far from disgraced in the Golden Rose and will have come on since then
- Will likely lead and if they hold on have genuine claims to turn the tables on Albrecht
- Defeated by only a nose over the mile in the Group 1 TJ Smith in Brisbane during the winter
- Nash Rawiller stays on
Roughie We Like
#4 Magic Shaft ($17)
- Gets the draw (barrier four)
- Boasts the second best place percentage (83.33%) behind the favourite
- This Kiwi raider hadn’t finished out of the money until their last-start ninth when making their Australian debut in the Ming Dyansty (1400m) at Warwick Farm
- They had a big weight (59kg) and wide gate (10 of 11) that day and having raced down under now from a better barrier with only 56.5kg they will be much, much closer here
- Group 1 placed back home having run a long-neck second to Choice Bro in the Manawatu Sires’ Produce Stakes back in March over 1400m
Take advantage of our Stan Fox Stakes tips and selections at the best prices now at bookmaker.com.au and enjoy a $400 bonus bet you can split into 4 x $100 bets simply by opening a new account, making your first investment and quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.