Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2012 McNeil Stakes is set to run at Caulfield this Saturday as one of two Group race features on Memsie Stakes Day, and to help our readers clean up in this early Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival showdown below we have our insider McNeil Stakes form guide analysis and betting tips.
Due to jump as Caulfield Race 4 at 2:15pm the $150,000 Group 3 HDF McNeil Stakes (1200m) this year attracted 12 three-year-olds, the hot favourite of which is Elite Elle.
Unbeaten in her four starts to date, which includes the Listed Quezette Stakes win last time out, the Tony Vasil-trained Shamardal filly has been well supported in the McNeil Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au firming in from $3 to $2.40 in the past 24 hours.
Her biggest dangers of not retaining her undefeated status come Saturday afternoon according to the McNeil Stakes markets are the Gai Waterhouse-trained TJ Smith runner-up Kabayan ($4.80) and Gerald Ryan’s untapped Snitzel colt Amorino ($8) who are now the only other single-figure chances in the race.
This is what the betting says but what about the form?
Having comprehensively studied the field and form below we provide the must know McNeil Stakes form guide stats and betting facts, as well as our trifecta tip for the spring feature so you can clean out the bookies this weekend.
2012 McNeil Stakes Form Guide Analysis & Betting Info
- Last year’s McNeil Stakes winner was the Peter Moody-trained Golden Archer who came off a second-up second in the Vain Stakes, jumped from barrier nine (of 10) and was ridden by Luke Nolen
- Three horses contest the race second-up this year with #1 Underestimation ($21), #2 Cheyenne Warrior ($31 and #6 Pronto Pronto (blink text=”$10″])
- Moody is without a runner in the race but last year’s winning jockey Luke Nolen has the ride on #5 Kabayan ($4.80), while last year’s winning gate nine this year belongs to #8 About Square ($19)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to the unbeaten favourite #4 Elite Elle (100%) followed by #2 Cheyenne Warrior (66.67%)
- Along with #4 Elite Elle ($2.40) two other runners boast a flawless Place Percentage with #5 Kabayan and #8 About Square
- The only other last-start winner in the field along with #4 Elite Elle is #10 Sheer Talent ($41)
- Only #4 Elite Elle (2-2-0-0) and #12 Lady Of Harrods (2-1-0-0) have winning form at the track
- Horses that have won over the 1200m previously are #1 Underestimation (2-1-1-0), #2 Cheyenne Warrior (1-1-0-0), #4 Elite Elle (1-1-0-0), #6 Pronto Pronto (2-1-0-0), #7 Shamexpress (2-1-1-0) and #8 About Square (1-1-0-0)
- #4 Elite Elle meanwhile is the only horse to have run and won at the Track & Distance when she won a 2YO handicap back in June
2012 McNeil Stakes Trifecta Tip
So enjoy a bonus bet on the races this weekend then use the rest of your bonus bet on whatever you like for up to three more bets on anything from the footy to the Melbourne Cup 2012!
2012 McNeil Stakes Field & Form Guide
Caulfield Race 4 – 2:15pm – 01/09/2012
|1.||UNDERESTIMATION||D R Lawson||Vlad Duric||2||58.5||3yoC||14||$27,121||6: 2 1 0||33.33%||50.00%||7121×5|
|2.||CHEYENNE WARRIOR||Anthony Freedman||Daniel Moor||11||58||3yoG||14||$26,921||3: 2 0 0||66.67%||66.67%||11×6|
|3.||AMORINO||G A Ryan||Steven Arnold||12||57||3yoC||147||$37,800||5: 2 0 0||40.00%||40.00%||11649x|
|4.||ELITE ELLE||A J Vasil||Mark Zahra||10||56||3yoF||14||$35,585||4: 4 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1111|
|5.||KABAYAN||Ms G Waterhouse||Luke Nolen||6||56||3yoG||84||$42,900||3: 1 2 0||33.33%||100.00%||122|
|6.||PRONTO PRONTO||Jason Warren||James Winks||1||56||3yoC||21||$18,216||4: 1 1 0||25.00%||50.00%||412×4|
|7.||SHAMEXPRESS||D T O’brien||Craig Williams||7||56||3yoC||175||$18,200||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||125x|
|8.||ABOUT SQUARE||M D Moroney||Luke Currie||9||56||3yoG||98||$8,465||2: 1 1 0||50.00%||100.00%||12x|
|9.||IF I COULD||M A Kavanagh||Michael Rodd||3||56||3yoC||210||$7,300||2: 0 1 0||0.00%||50.00%||28x|
|10.||SHEER TALENT||M A Kavanagh||Glen Boss||4||56||3yoC||79||$4,738||2: 1 0 0||50.00%||50.00%||71|
|11.||FORCE COMMAND||G Eurell||Chris Symons||8||56||3yoC||126||$4,500||1: 0 0 0||0.00%||0.00%||4x|
|12.||LADY OF HARRODS||R F Cameron||Michael Walker||5||54||3yoF||14||$12,863||4: 1 0 0||25.00%||25.00%||4x61x0|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.