One of the headline races at Warwick Farm this Saturday is the 2012 Up & Coming Stakes, a detailed form guide analysis and the Races.com.au’s exclusive betting tips for which are detailed below.
Due to jump as Warwick Farm Race 5 at 3:10pm, this year’s edition of the $125,000 Group 3 Up & Coming Stakes (1300m) has drawn a final field of 10 with Sumarand from the Gai Waterhouse stables the pronounced favourite.
Coming off a big five length win on debut at Hawkesbury from August 9, the More Than Ready colt has eased out slightly in the Up & Coming Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au from $2.05 to $2.10 but is still the short priced top elect.
But is the shortie the one the Races.com.au team is tipping?
Or do we have a longer-priced hopeful such as the Peter Moody-trained Albrecht ($5), the rails-drawn Urquidez ($8) or even Champagne Stakes minor placegetter Tatra ($15) rated special to win?
Having gone over the 2012 Up & Coming Stakes field and form guide, below we have the must know betting facts and stats on the race to check out before you place your bets.
2012 Up & Coming Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Up & Coming Stakes winner was Manawanui who won the race first-up from barrier five (of 7) with Glyn Schofield aboard before going on to take out the Group 1 Golden Rose
- This year five horses race first-up in the Up & Coming Stakes with #1 Tatra ($15), #2 Toydini ($16), #6 Calamba ($16), #7 Strength ($34) and #9 Trophies ($26)
- Glyn Schofield meanwhile will this year partner with the favourite #8 Sumarand ($2.10) while barrier five belongs on Saturday to #10 Maximilian ($34)
- #8 Sumarand (100%) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field having won their only start to date, followed by #4 Albrecht (50%) and #5 Nediym’s Quest (50%)
- Along with #8 Sumarand (100%) there are also two other horses with a perfect Place Percentage – #4 Albrecht ($5) and #10 Maximilian ($34)
- Horses with previous experience over the distance (1300m) are #4 Albrecht (1-1-0-0), #6 Calamba (1-1-0-0), #8 Sumarand (1-1-0-0) and #2 Toydini (1-0-0-1)
- #3 Urquidez (2-1-1-0) is the only horse to have run at Warwick Farm before
2012 Up & Coming Stakes Tips
Based on the above info we tipping Albrecht, who has one run extra under their belt and who won over 1250m on debut, to just get the better of the favourite Sumarand.
For punters looking for a roughie to add into exotics, Bart Cummings’ nicely-bred clot Maximilian looks way over the odds at $34.
They ran a good third to fellow Up & Coming Stakes hopefuls Nediym’s Quest ($8) on debut at Newcastle on August 8 and although they go up in distance and class have the ability to rise.
Whether you agree or disagree with our Up & Coming Stakes trifecta tip for 2012, you know one thing is certain – you’ll get the best odds online at bookmaker.com.au.
So join the online betting revolution today at bookmaker.com.au and enjoy a $300 bonus welcome bet for your troubles when you quote the code BONUSBET during the easy two-minute sign-up process!
2012 Up & Coming Stakes Form Guide
Warwick Farm Race 5 – 3:10pm – 25/08/2012
|1.||TATRA||Peter Snowden||Joshua Parr||3||58||3yoC||119||$20,775||6: 1 0 1||16.67%||33.33%||44473x|
|2.||TOYDINI||G H Walter||Blake Shinn||7||57.5||3yoC||77||$12,558||6: 1 1 1||16.67%||50.00%||281344|
|3.||URQUIDEZ||J M Austin||Nathan Berry||1||56||3yoC||14||$29,917||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||8×12|
|4.||ALBRECHT||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||10||54.5||3yoC||21||$17,950||2: 1 0 1||50.00%||100.00%||13|
|5.||NEDIYM’S QUEST||David Pfieffer||Jay Ford||9||54.5||3yoC||17||$15,940||2: 1 0 0||50.00%||50.00%||8×1|
|6.||CALAMBA||A J Cummings||Peter Robl||2||54.5||3yoF||97||$9,245||4: 1 1 0||25.00%||50.00%||4241x|
|7.||STRENGTH||John Thompson||Brenton Avdulla||8||54.5||3yoC||119||$4,938||4: 0 0 1||0.00%||25.00%||8x837x|
|8.||SUMARAND||Ms G Waterhouse||Glyn Schofield||6||54.5||3yoC||16||$17,250||1: 1 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1|
|9.||TROPHIES||John Thompson||Christian Reith||4||54.5||3yoC||119||$4,500||7: 0 1 0||0.00%||14.29%||76028x|
|10.||MAXIMILIAN||J B Cummings||Corey Brown||5||54.5||3yoC||17||$3,470||1: 0 0 1||0.00%||100.00%||3|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change