The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
The race towards the new season’s first Group 1 event – the Golden Rose Stakes – heats up this weekend with the running of the 2012 The Rosebud and below the Races.com.au team take a look at the latest betting update and provide our exclusive tips on the race.
Due to jump at 1:50pm as Warwick Farm Race 3 the $100,000 Listed The Rosebud (1200m) field was cut to just five hopefuls with the early scratching of #6 Patsy Girl who will race in the first on Missile Stakes Day instead.
Used as a lead-up for emerging three-year-olds heading towards the $1 million Golden Rose (1400m) in mid-September, The Rosebud 2012 features a dominant favourite in the Anthony Cummings-trained She’s A Fox.
Odds-on in the markets the promising daughter of Fastnet Rock has firmed in from $1.80 to an even shorter $1.75 through bookmaker.com.au to record back-to-back wins at the track following her smart first-up win a fortnight ago.
The price on her main danger Urquidez, who also won over 1100m at Warwick Farm on July 28 in a time that was just .74 seconds slower than She’s A Fox, has eased out slightly over the past 24 hours drifting from $3.75 out to $3.80.
But are these top two fancies in The Rosebud odds the ones to back on race day? Or does the team at Races.com.au have another longer-priced hopeful such as Group 1 placed Pronto Pronto ($5.50) or the Tim Martin-trained Red Dynamite ($6.50) rated special to win?
#2 She’s A Fox ($1.75)
- Odds-on favourite for a reason
- Hugh Bowman reunites and is confident she’s a black-type-type
- Won the fillies’ Rosebud qualifier last time out in a good time
- Needs to match the boys but has the class to do just that
#5 Red Dynamite ($6.50)
- Lots to like about this up-and-comer including their price
- Undefeated having won their debut at Goulburn on July 27
- Rises in class but handled a 12 horse field (from barrier 12) with ease there
- Faces only half as many rivals this time round and Corey Brown stays on
- Drop from 58kg to just 54.5kg which they will appreciate
- Meet the favourite 1.5kg better in the weights and should get the run of the race from barrier two
- Promising, just needs to live up to that promise and if they do could even score an upset here
#3 Urquidez ($3.80)
- Drawn nicely in barrier three and meets She’s A Fox a full kilo better in the weights
- Won the colts and geldings Rosebud qualifier a fortnight ago
- Should improve second-up
Whether you are sticking to The Rosebud betting favourite like us, or tipping an upset with one of her four rivals, the horse racing odds you need this weekend can be found online with bookmaker.com.au.
Join Australia’s leading online bookie today and access all the best markets for both the current and upcoming spring feature, as well as enjoying a $300 bonus welcome bet when you quote the promo code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.