This Saturday the 2012 Missile Stakes will kick off Group racing in Sydney for another spring carnival and to help you back a winner below the Races.com.au crew have our exclusive Missile Stakes form guide preview and betting tips.
Running as Warwick Farm Race 6 at 3:35pm on Saturday the $125,000 Group 3 McGrath Missile Stakes (1200m) features a final field of eight hopefuls.
The headline entry and early favourite in the Missile Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au paying $2.60 is the Peter Snowden-trained Pinwheel looking to add to their outstanding first-up record as the resume for the season.
The three other single-figure chances in the markets are then the Joe Pride-trained Title ($3.50) looking to hand their trainer with back-to-back Missile Stakes victories following the success of Rain Affair 12 months ago, the David Payne-trained Centennial Park ($6.50) who is another runner that goes well fresh, and Darren Smith’s Johannesburg eight-year-old Welkom Gold ($7).
Without a genuine standout in the field we have done the hard work for our readers and studied the 2012 Missile Stakes form guide and betting statistics to come up with the below must know facts and stats on the race before you enjoy a bet.
2012 Missile Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Missile Stakes winner was the Joe Pride-trained Rain Affair who came off a win, and who was ridden by Corey Brown from barrier five (of nine)
- This year Pride is represented by #2 Title ($3.50) who will again be ridden by Corey Brown
- There are no last-start winners in this year’s field but last year’s winning barrier five belongs to the favourite #1 Pinwheel ($2.60)
- #2 Title ($3.50) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 37.50% followed by #7 Rolling Pin (33.33%) and #1 Pinwheel (31.25%)
- The best Place Percentage then belongs to #1 Pinwheel (71.88%) followed closely by #6 Welkom Gold (66.67%)
- Horses that have winning form at Warwick Farm are #1 Pinwheel (4-2-1-0), #2 Title (5-1-0-0) and #7 Rolling Pin (4-2-0-0)
- Over the distance the horses with the best record are #1 Pinwheel (18-8-7-2), #2 Title (10-5-3-1), #3 Centennial Park (7-3-2-0), #4 Adnocon (6-2-1-0) and #7 Rolling Pin (1-1-0-0)
- #1 Pinwheel ($2.60) is the only horse in the race to have run over the Track & Distance before and they have a good record too with a win and a second from two attempts
- Five of the horses are resuming racing in the Missile and of them the ones with the best first-up record are #1 Pinwheel (5-3-1-0), #3 Centennial Park (9-3-3-0) and #7 Rolling Pin (2-1-1-0)
2012 Missile Stakes Trifecta Tip
Based on the above form guide analysis we are tipping the favourite Pinwheel to salute for the punters in this year’s Missile.
They ran third in this last year but face an easier field this time round. Raced in Group 1 company last start when fourth in the Stradbroke Handicap up in Queensland and dropping back to this should suit them well.
Loves racing first-up, loves the track and the distance is also right for a resuming run.
Title is also classy and will be right there in the finish. They don’t have as good a first-up record but when they did win first-up in the Lightning last spring they wore blinkers and they’ll have the shades on again here.
Another that will like the drop back in class after a fourth in the Group 1 The Galaxy last time out in April.
Rolling Pin meanwhile adds value to the Missile Stakes trifecta tip, the Kembla Grange galloper having won at the track during the summer, also runs well fresh, distance is short of their best but the firmer track should see them get a chance to run top three here.
To back our Missile Stakes selections or your own tips on the race at the best prices in the country simply head along to bookmaker.com.au and open a new account with this Aussie-owned sportsbook.
If you use the limited-time-only promo code BONUSBET when you open a new bookmaker.com.au account you will also be eligible for a juicy bonus bet valued up to $300!
2012 Missile Stakes Field & Form Guide
Warwick Farm Race 6 – 3:35pm – 11/08/2012
|1.||PINWHEEL||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||5||58.5||7yoG||63||$28,122||32: 10 9 4||31.25%||71.88%||0x4284|
|2.||TITLE||Joseph Pride||Corey Brown||6||58.5||6yoG||112||$22,465||24: 9 5 1||37.50%||62.50%||9x714x|
|3.||CENTENNIAL PARK||David Payne||Glyn Schofield||1||58.5||7yoG||105||$21,483||38: 7 6 2||18.42%||39.47%||00706x|
|4.||ADNOCON||G A Ryan||Blake Shinn||4||58.5||7yoG||21||$11,939||48: 9 5 8||18.75%||45.83%||90×315|
|5.||TAGUS||John Thompson||Christian Reith||8||58.5||8yoG||448||$11,348||41: 9 1 9||21.95%||46.34%||5x363x|
|6.||WELKOM GOLD||D P Smith||Peter Robl||7||58.5||8yoG||7||$14,515||24: 6 7 3||25.00%||66.67%||x06372|
|7.||ROLLING PIN||Ms G Markwell||Nash Rawiller||3||58.5||5yoG||161||$9,897||18: 6 4 1||33.33%||61.11%||12750x|
|8.||STELLAR ACADEMY||D Wagstaff||Adam Hyeronimus (a)||2||58.5||6yoG||15||$1,312||33: 3 5 5||9.09%||39.39%||123229|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change