The 2012 Bletchingly Stakes brings Group racing to a close in Australia for another season at Caulfield Racecourse this Saturday and to have you backing the right horse below the Races.com.au team has our insider tips and betting selections on the race.
Due to jump at 3:07pm as Caulfield Race 6 the $125,000 Group 3 Bletchingly Stakes (1200m) field is down to 12 gallopers following the early withdrawal of Heart Of Dreams, Diplomatic Force and Tariana.
Of the remaining hopefuls three are at single-figures in the Bletchingly Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au to win.
The firm favourite and market mover is the Tony Vasil-trained Green Birdie ($3), the 2010 Krisflyer International Sprint winner racing in Australia for just the second time in six years.
Following Green Birdie in the Bletchingly Stakes betting markets are then progressive young sprinter Zamorar ($4.50) with the perfect barrier three draw, and the Peter Moody-trained Ready To Rip ($6) coming off a stakes win at Flemington.
So does the Races.com.au team’s Bletchingly Stakes tip come from inside this dominant trio?
Or do we have a longer priced hopefuls rated special to win such as 2011 Oakleigh Plate champ Eagle Falls ($9), Darren Weir’s consistent mare Royal Bender ($10) or Glen Boss’s mount Dusty Star ($12)?
Earlier today we provided our exclusive 2012 Bletchingly Stakes form guide analysis and betting preview and based on the facts and stats we uncovered there, below are our tips and exotic selections.
#7 Ready To Rip ($6)
- Is drifting in the markets making them excellent value
- Trainer Peter Moody won this race 12 months ago with Mid Summer Music
- Will be ridden by last year’s winning jockey, ace Luke Nolen
- Drawn to stay out of trouble in barrier eight
- Comes off the same race Mid Summer Music did 12 months ago having won the Listed All Victorian Sprint Series Final at Flemington
- Only horse coming off a win in the race this year
- Rises in the weights from last start but has successful carried up to 62kg to victory previously
- Debuts at Caulfield but has a good record over the distance (8-3-0-1)
- Also has a good second-up record (4-1-1-1)
- Second highest win rate of the field with 33.33%
#11 Zamorar ($4.50)
- Has come in from their opening quote of $5 so get them before they shorten further
- Should get a gun run from barrier three drawn one outside the favourite Green Birdie
- Is a progressive three-year-old with plenty of upside
- Has been racing consistently in Melbourne this time in including a win at the track over 1100m three back
- Twice placed at Listed level their last two times out in the wet and will improve on a firmer track here
- Last seen running third in the Monash Stakes at Caulfield on a Heavy (9) from a wide barrier 11 draw, will improve
- Boasts the highest Win Rate (40%) and Place Percentage (80%) of the field
- Great record at Caulfield (3-1-1-1) and the distance (4-1-1-1)
#13 Royal Bender ($10)
- Adds value to the winning Trifecta
- Is a market mover in from $12 to $10
- Has the inside alley and if they can avoid a traffic jam from there should get in a nice position
- Come off a devastatingly close second in the Monash Stakes
- Also ran second in a Listed race at Eagle Farm two back prior to which they won at Sandown by 2.5 lengths
- Looking to go back-to-back for the mares
Roughie We Like
#9 Dusty Star ($12)
- Yet to win first-up but goes well fresh (6-0-3-1) making them an attractive Place option
- Last seen running second in the Listed Spear Chief (1500m) at Eagle Farm in the wet
- Will appreciate step back in distance
- Ran fourth in this last year and has claims to go one better this time round
- Decent Caulfield record (3-1-1-0)
Whether you are backing or sacking our Bletchingly Stakes 2012 tips the odds you’ll want to lock in can be found online at bookmaker.com.au.
Sign-up with the country’s No. 1 online bookie now and be doubly rewarded with a $300 bonus welcome bet but hurry this is for a limited time only at bookmaker.com.au with use of the codeword BONUSBET!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and are subject to change