Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
This Saturday the feature race in Victoria and the country’s final Group race of the season is the 2012 Bletchingly Stakes, the form guide and Races.com.au’s exclusive betting preview for which is detailed below.
Scheduled to run as Caulfield Race 6 at 3:07pm, the $125,000 Group 3 Bletchingly Stakes (1200m) originally drew a final field of 15 gallopers.
There are now just 12 sprinters left in the Bletchingly Stakes field following the early scratchings of dual Group 1 winner Heart Of Dreams, the fellow Mick Price-trained Tariana and Diplomatic Force.
In the Bletchingly Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au one horse continues to dominate the markets with Tony Vasil’s evergreen veteran Green Birdie.
After opening as long as $5 in the markets Green Birdie has continued to wind in and is now at a quote of $3.
Other early fancies are then the improving three-year-old Zamorar ($4.50) and former Queensland galloper Ready To Rip ($6) coming off a win at Flemington in their first run for new trainer Peter Moody.
So will the Bletchingly Stakes winner come from one of the three single figure chances in the markets?
Or do the historical facts, form guide stats and betting info suggest an upset?
To save our readers time we’ve gone over the Bletchingly Stakes field and form guide and below you will find the must know facts on the race before placing your bets online with bookmaker.com.au.
2012 Bletchingly Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Bletchingly Stakes winner was the Peter Moody-trained mare Mid Summer Music who jumped from barrier seven (of eight), was ridden by Luke Nolen, and who came via a second in the All Victorian Sprint Final
- This year Moody is back with #7 Ready To Rip ($6) who will also be ridden by Nolen and who also comes via the All Victorian Sprint Final, the four-year-old having won the Flemington feature
- #7 Ready To Rip is also the only last start winner in the race this year but two horses come off a second place finish with #9 Dusty Star ($12) and #13 Royal Bender ($10)
- #9 Dusty Star is also now set to jump from last year’s winning barrier seven having originally drawn gate eight before the early scratchings
- There are two mares left looking to go back-to-back for the girls this year with #13 Royal Bender ($51)
- #11 Zamorar ($4.50) boasts the best winning strike rate of the field with 40.00%; they are followed by #7 Ready To Rip (33.33%) and #3 Eagle Falls (25%)
- #3 Eagle Falls ($9) is also one of two former Group 1 winners left in contention along with the short-priced favourite #1 Green Birdie ($3)
- The horse with the best Place Percentage is also #11 Zamorar (80%) followed by #10 Hot Spin (69.23%) and #9 Dusty Star (66.67%)
- Horses with the best track record at Caulfield are #1 Green Birdie (5-1-1-1), #3 Eagle Falls (7-2-0-0), #6 #9 Dusty Star (3-1-1-0), #10 Hot Spin (7-3-1-2), #11 Zamorar (3-1-1-1) and #14 Miss Bindi (5-2-0-0)
- Over the distance horses with the good form include #7 Ready To Rip (8-3-0-1), #8 Offenders (7-1-2-2), #10 Hot Spin (4-1-1-0), #11 Zamorar (4-1-1-0), #3 Eagle Falls (19-4-1-1) and #4 Stanzout (36-6-5-5)
- Four of the hopefuls have previous winning form over the track and distance with #1 Green Birdie (1-1-0-0), #4 Stanzout (10-1-3-3), #10 Hot Spin (1-1-0-0), and #14 Miss Bindi (2-1-0-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider 2012 Bletchingly Stakes tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime head along to our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au to check out their latest markets on all of the weekend’s features and to enjoy you $300 bonus bet for signing up, depositing and quoting the code BONUSBET!
2012 Bletchingly Stakes Field & Form Guide
|1.||GREEN BIRDIE||A J Vasil||Damien Oliver||2||58.5||8yoG||14||$66,187||41: 6 5 4||14.63%||36.59%||x080x7|
|2.||HEART OF DREAMS||M G Price||Craig Newitt||5||58.5||6yoG||315||$58,665||28: 6 7 4||21.43%||60.71%||34x26x|
|3.||EAGLE FALLS||D A Hayes||Michael Walker||6||58.5||6yoG||91||$33,651||32: 8 2 1||25.00%||34.38%||10009x|
|4.||STANZOUT||C J Davies||Dwayne Dunn||15||58.5||9yoG||56||$13,253||63: 9 8 8||14.29%||39.68%||x54748|
|5.||DIPLOMATIC FORCE||E W Nichols||Craig Robertson||12||58.5||7yoG||50||$14,663||42: 7 4 5||16.67%||38.10%||684172|
|6.||MR CHARD||D R Lawson||Dean Holland||4||58.5||4yoH||140||$27,524||14: 3 2 1||21.43%||42.86%||704x0x|
|7.||READY TO RIP||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||9||58.5||4yoG||21||$17,242||18: 6 3 1||33.33%||55.56%||8282×1|
|8.||OFFENDERS||Peter Snowden||Brad Rawiller||11||58.5||6yoG||286||$11,367||26: 5 6 3||19.23%||53.85%||x3080x|
|9.||DUSTY STAR||P Morgan||Glen Boss||8||58.5||4yoG||56||$13,044||21: 4 8 2||19.05%||66.67%||5×2272|
|10.||HOT SPIN||M Ellerton and S Zahra||Chris Symons||7||58||3yoG||14||$28,788||13: 3 4 2||23.08%||69.23%||2319×0|
|11.||ZAMORAR||D J Bourne||Jamie Mott||3||58||3yoG||14||$18,734||10: 4 3 1||40.00%||80.00%||142123|
|12.||MISTER MILTON||Norman Waymouth||Steven King||10||58||3yoC||14||$13,061||14: 1 2 2||7.14%||35.71%||7439×9|
|13.||ROYAL BENDER||D K Weir||Dean Yendall||1||56.5||4yoM||14||$12,219||26: 5 7 1||19.23%||50.00%||254122|
|14.||MISS BINDI||C and C Alderson||Michael Rodd||14||56.5||5yoM||14||$6,614||27: 6 5 3||22.22%||51.85%||x81446|
|15.||TARIANA||M G Price||Noel Callow||13||56.5||4yoM||14||$11,035||13: 4 2 1||30.77%||53.85%||8×8210|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and are subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.