It is shaping-up as a huge year for Benjamin...
The feature race in Western Australia this Saturday and one of the final black type showdowns of the season in Australia is the 2012 Beaufine Stakes at Belmont Park and below the Races.com.au crew has made our insider tips on the classic public knowledge.
This year’s edition of the $80,000 Listed Beaufine Stakes (1000m) has drawn a final field of 12 sprinters, the pronounced favourite of which is the Paul Jordan-trained Right Time.
Paying $3.10 in the latest Beaufine Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au the progressive three-year-old is after their second straight win at the track and distance, and if successful will have their work cut out for them to continue their purple patch with a likely 10 point ratings penalty on the other side of the winning post.
The other top hopefuls in the Beaufine Stakes field and betting markets are then Chris Gangemi’s WATC Stakes winner Werd and the Jim Taylor-trained mare, undefeated during the Perth Summer Racing Carnival, Latoria.
These are the bookie-rated dangers but are they also the horses the Races.com.au team is tipping in Saturday’s showdown?
#11 Right Time ($3.10)
- Is the favourite for a reason and will be hard to beat even from barrier eight
- Has only lost at the track once before from six starts
- Is undefeated at the track & distance with five successes, the most recent of which was on July 14 when they overcame barrier 15 of 16
- Will love the 54kg having carried 57kg to victory last time out
- Impressive 75% Win & Place rate
- 1000m is also right up their alley as they seek their seventh win over the distance (10-6-2-1)
- Trainer was skeptical to run them because of their confidence they will win (and as such attract a penalty) – that’s enough for us
#3 Latoria ($4.60)
- 86% Win & Place rate
- Well weighted with 54.5kg
- Her first-up record (4-1-1-0) suggests this is a good time to get behind her
- Is a specialist at Belmont (5-3-1-1) yet to finish out of the money
- The 1000m is also ideal (8-6-0-1)
- Also boasts an impressive two wins and a third from three starts over the track & distance
- Is a black-type winner having taken out the Listed Summer Scorcher (1000m) at Ascot on New Year’s Eve
#2 Werd ($4.20)
- 60% Win & Place rate
- Plenty of experience and placings at the track (13-3-3-4)
- Also has a good record over the short sprint distance (11-3-4-1)
- Is first-up and their record fresh is another advantageous one (7-3-1-0)
- Can handle the weight but does give plenty away to some smart rivals
- Was beaten by Latoria last time out in the Miss Andretti and in the Summer Scorcher in December
Roughie We Like:
#8 Le Sacre ($21)
- Should get a gun run from the inside alley and if they stay out of trouble can be right up there
- Gets in on the 54kg minimum
- Hasn’t seen the track or distance before but has been racing well at home at Bunbury over 1100m and 1200m winning four on the trot during the summer
- Last seen running a close fourth to Westriver Kevydonn in a Listed race over 1200m at Ascot in February
- Yet to win first-up but has run a good first-up second from just two starts fresh
Get behind our exclusive Beaufine Stakes betting tips and exotic selections at the guaranteed best prices online now at bookmaker.com.au.
New to open a bookmaker.com.au account? When you make your first deposit with Australia’s best bookie make sure you quote the code BONUSBET to have your account instantly deposited with a bonus $300 bet!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and are subject to change to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.