Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
There may be two Group 1 champions in the mix but it is Peter Moody’s lightly-raced filly Le Societe who has opened at the top of the 2012 Sir John Monash Stakes odds ahead of the weight-for-age feature at Caulfield on Saturday.
Set to run as Caulfield Race 6 at 3:07pm the $100,000 Listed Sir John Monash Stakes (1100m) features a full field of 16 starters and an emergency this year, the favourite of which is Anabaa three-year-old Le Societe.
Having just her fifth career start on Saturday Le Societe is the clear favourite in the Sir John Monash Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au paying $5.
Drawn ideally in barrier three with Luke Nolen to ride the progressive youngster has won three of her four starts so far including a 1000m handicap at Caulfield first-up on June 30 when overcoming barrier 13 of 15, Nolen riding her for the first time then.
In a relatively open Sir John Monash Stakes betting market there are five other single figure chances with:
- #Zamorar ($7) – Wide gate 13 draw but class to overcome, David Bourne’s three-year-old gelding is out for win number five from 10 and come off a good second to Riziz in the Listed AR Creswick Stakes (1200m) at Flemington, go well fresh too and get a five week break between runs here
- #2 Eagle Falls ($8) – Last year’s Oakleigh Plate winner the David Hayes-trained six-year-old has been out of form since their first-up Group 3 Rubiton Stakes (1100m) win in February, they love Caulfield however and race for the first time since Sydney Cup Day
- #4 Second Effort ($8) – Glen Boss mount, Clinton Mcdonald’s local Mossman five-year-old out to improve on a disappointing 12th in the Listed Straight Six at Flemington back in May,
- #14 Night War ($9) – Former Perth galloper debuts for new trainer Mick Price here, outstanding record of five wins and three placings from nine starts in WA the General Nediym filly having enjoyed success in events like the Group 2 Karrakatta Plate, Group 3Lee Steer Classic and last time out (February 11) the Perth Magic Millions 3YO Stakes
- #13 Tariana ($9.50) – Fellow Mick Price-trained hopeful gets the gate in two, the four-year-old Anabaa mare caught the eye over this track and distance a fortnight ago putting an easy four and a half lengths on their rivals to win a mares-only handicap
It is an intriguing field full of plenty of other double figure chances that aren’t without their claims for a Sir John Monash Stakes upset including the Darren Weir-trained Platelet ($11) out for their third straight win over the distance and second straight at the track, last year’s runner-up Rue Maple ($13) and the returning Green Birdie ($17) who has barrier 17 for their first run down under since 2006.
Check out the full list of Sir John Monash Stakes fixed win odds courtesy of bookmaker.com.au in the table below.
When you’re ready to back your favourites head over to bookmaker.com.au and sign up with the country’s leading bookie quoting the code BONUSBET which will also unlock a $300 bonus bet that you can use on any race of your choice!
2012 Sir John Monash Stakes Odds
Caulfield Race 6 – 3:07pm – 12/07/2012
|1||GREEN BIRDIE (17)||17.00|
|2||EAGLE FALLS (8)||8.00|
|3||SECRET FLYER (5)||26.00|
|4||SECOND EFFORT (10)||8.00|
|5||ALPHA PROXIMA (16)||19.00|
|6||HOT SPIN (4)||19.00|
|8||MISTER MILTON (9)||31.00|
|9||GRAND BRITANNIA (14)||51.00|
|11||RUE MAPLE (15)||13.00|
|12||ROYAL BENDER (7)||41.00|
|14||NIGHT WAR (6)||9.00|
|16||LE SOCIETE (3)||5.00|
|17e||ROYAL RAMBLER (12)||101.00|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.