The feature race in Australia this weekend will be the Queen’s Cup 2012 running at Eagle Farm Racecourse in Brisbane, and to help our readers back a Group winner below we have our insider Queen’s Cup betting tips.
Scheduled as Eagle Farm Race 6 at 3:11pm, the $150,000 Group 3 Queen’s Cup (3200m) features a final field of 11 hopefuls, the early favourite of which is Booming.
The 59kg topweight of the field due to be ridden by the piping hot Chris Munce from barrier one, Jeff Lynds’ veteran New Zealand stayer is looking to go one better than their last start second to Ginga Dude in the Group 3 Tatt’s Cup (2200m) at Eagle Farm on June 23.
The bookies are tipping them to do just that as well, Booming sitting top of the Queen’s Cup odds at a quote of $2.90 through bookmaker.com.au.
So does the Races.com.au team think Booming overcome the 59kg and take out their first two mile victory?
Or do we have one of the longer priced hopefuls in the market such as the Michael Moroney-trained Maythehorsebemagic, or Stayers Cup runner-up Roi D’Jeu rated special to win?
#7 Roi D’Jeu ($7)
- Will improve on their Caloundra Cup fifth getting up to the two miles
- Two back ran an excellent second in the Stayers Cup (3200m) in Sydney
- Also has two earlier runs over the distance when 7th in the 2011 Auckland Cup and 4th in the 2010 NZ Cup
- On the 54kg minimum dropping 1.5kg from their Caloundra Cup weight
#1 Booming ($2.90)
- 59kg takes them out of winning contention for us but will be close
- Gets the inside run from barrier one
- Best hoop in Brisbane on their back with Chris Munce
- Has two Group 1 runs (Auckland Cup x 2) over this distance including a second place
- Tatt’s Cup second last time out was good
- Can improve on that with more distance
#6 Maythehorsebemagic ($3.60)
- Eye catching second in the Listed Andrew Ramsden Stakes over the two miles at Flemington in May
- Dropped down to 2200m for the Tatt’s Cup last time out running a credible seventh
- Good W&P percentage of 46%
Roughie We Like:
#9 Handsome Dane ($31)
- Lismore galloper with good recent form
- Comes off a close third in the Provincial Cup (2150m) at Ipswich
- Well weighted (54kg)
- Can handle all track types
- Winning form up to 2124m – needs to make distance step up
- Also goes up in class but has the second best W&P rate of the field with 49%
Take advantage of our exclusive Queen’s Cup tips at the guaranteed best prices online with the sportsbook offering its players more – bookmaker.com.au.
Don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account? Join today and enjoy an exclusive $300 bonus bet on the house simply by making your first deposit and quoting the code BONUSBET!