Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
Two horses opened as co-favourites for Saturday’s 2012 All Victorian Sprint Series Final at Flemington Racecourse earlier today but fast money for Ready To Rip has seen them move to the top of the markets.
One of the headline events at Flemington’s ‘Finals Day’, the $100,000 Listed All Victorian Sprint Series Final (1200m) is scheduled as Race 7 at 3:38pm.
Topping the 11-horse field in the All Victorian Sprint Final odds at bookmaker.com.au in the early markets were the Peter Moody-trained Ready To Rip who resumes racing in the event, and Jim Mason’s Gossip Girl coming off a last-start victory both paying $5.50 to win.
Drawn ideally in barrier four with Luke Nolen to ride, More Than Ready four-year-old Ready To Rip was last seen running a brave second to Steel Zip in the Listed Sunshine Coast Handicap (1400m) back in early February.
They have an excellent first-up record having won three of their four first-up efforts to date.
All three of those first-up victories however have been over 1000-metres, their only first-up loss being over 1200-metres in December of 2010.
Their dismal record over the distance hasn’t deterred the punters however with Ready To Rip firming in from $5.50 to $5 to continue their smart first-up record this weekend.
Smart Testa Rossa mare Gossip Girl meanwhile will be third-up for the season, the five-year-old coming off an easy three length win over the track and distance against a field of fellow mares on June 16 when ridden by Glen Boss.
Boss retains the ride for Saturday, Gossip Girl also coming up trumps with gate two.
In a wide open All Victorian Sprint Series Final betting market there are five other single-figure chances with:
- #10 Dash For Viz ($7.50) – Robbie Griffiths’ grey galloper comes off a third to fellow Final rival Broken in the Sprint Heat over 1000m here on June 23, nice barrier three draw and on the 54kg minimum
- #11 Del Palio ($7.50) – Colin & Cindy Alderson-trained Invincible Spirit four-year-old ran third to Beyond Pardon in the June 9 heat, has to overcome barrier 10
- #2 Beyond Pardon ($8) – Carries 56.5kg from gate nine but still money for Robert Smerdon’s five-year-old heat winner, comes off an eye-catching second to See The World in the Listed Takeover Target Stakes (1200m) at Gosford from June 22, Michael Rodd to ride
- #5 Verdasco ($8.50) – Last-start winner over the track and distance from June 16, faces a similar class field here but has been hit and miss
- #9 Prince Obama ($8.50) – Jason Clifford-trained Geelong galloper ran third to Verdasco in a close finish last time out but hasn’t won a race since this time last year, mudlark needs a heavy track
Others following closely in the odds are then the Darren Weir-trained heat winner Broken ($10) and 60kg top weight Perturbo ($14).
Rounding out the 2012 All Victorian Sprint Series Final field and markets are then $17 chance Wealthy Lad and $31 outsider Mackay visitor King Hoaks who ran fourth in The Straight Six here two back.
See below for the full All Victorian Sprint Series final fixed win odds courtesy of bookmaker.com.au.
Lock in your picks with bookmaker.com.au now and don’t forget if you are new to sign-up and deposit to enter the codeword BONUSBET to unlock your $300 bonus welcome bet!
2012 All Victorian Sprint Final Odds
Flemington Race 7 – 07/07/2012
|2||BEYOND PARDON (9)||8.00|
|3||READY TO RIP (4)||5.00|
|6||WEALTHY LAD (7)||17.00|
|7||GOSSIP GIRL (2)||5.50|
|8||KING HOAKS (6)||31.00|
|9||PRINCE OBAMA (8)||8.50|
|10||DASH FOR VIZ (3)||7.50|
|11||DEL PALIO (10)||7.50|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.