Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
One of the key feature races on this Saturday’s Caloundra Cup Day program at the Sunshine Coast is the 2012 Glasshouse Handicap, tips and exclusive betting selections as predicted by the expert team of tipsters at Races.com.au for which are detailed below.
Scheduled as Sunshine Coast Race 6 at 3:12pm the $175,000 Reed Property Group Glasshouse Handicap (1400m) field features 15 hopefuls that are ready to battle it out on a Heavy-rated track.
Glasshouse Handicap betting markets at bookmaker.com.au are currently led by two horses with the Kelso Wood-trained Eye Liner Stakes winner Belltone, and Eye Liner runner-up Jetset Lad coming off a second in the Tatt’s Mile from last Saturday both paying $4.40 to win.
Other early fancies topping the Glasshouse Handicap odds include last year’s QTC Cup winner Varenna Miss ($8), Adnocon ($8) who runs in the Glasshouse for the third year on the trot, Phelan Ready ($9) who hasn’t won since their 2009 Golden Slipper victory and market mover Startsmeup backed in from $10 to $9.
So which horse does the Races.com.au team have rated special to win the Glasshouse this year?
Does it come from one of the single-figure chances or does a roughie with good wet track form like the Liam Birchley-trained Pepperwood ($12) or Rex Lipp‘s classy Toowoomba mare Dual Chamber ($21) get our vote for an upset?
#3 Jetset Lad ($4.40)
- Deserved favourite coming off two very close black-type seconds
- Only need a bit of luck and to improve a stride to get the better of their Eye Liner Stakes conqueror Belltone here
- Last Saturday’s Tatt’s Mile second was a beauty with the same weight (58kg)
- Need to back up on successive Saturdays which is the only question
- Right distance (11-3-2-2)
- Debut at the track but wet conditions will suit with their good record on Heavy ground (6-2-1-0)
#1 Phelan Ready ($9)
- Long time between drinks but has chance to record a minor placing here
- 2009 Golden Slipper winner hasn’t won since but their place rate isn’t quite as dismal
- Ran a good third in the Prime Ministers Cup at the Gold Coast three back carrying this weight (59kg) on a Heavy track
- Won the Golden Slipper in the mud and the Heavy track on Saturday will work in their favour
#9 Pepperwood ($12)
- Adds value to the trifecta
- Won the Listed Spear Chief Handicap two back over 1500m at Eagle Farm on a Heavy (8)
- Their last-start fourth to Solzhenitsyn over the mile on June 9 was also eye-catching
- Have run two thirds at the track previously
- Like it wet (7-2-1-1 on Heavy)
Roughie We Like:
#10 Meet George ($15)
- Another sneaky wet tracker (6-2-1-0) that could prove good value for a Place Bet
- Right distance (8-3-2-0)
- Ran a good second to Tiger Tees over 1350m two back in the Group 3 BRC Sprint at Doomben
- Face a class rise last time out when sixth to Celtic Dancer in the QTC Cup on a Heavy (10)
- Can improve on their last start and has had a freshen-up
Ready to get in on the Glasshouse Handicap betting action backing either our tips or your own selections at the best prices?
Head to our number one trusted and used bookie bookmaker.com.au now for access to the full Glasshouse Handicap odds and markets.
Don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account? Join today quoting the exclusive codeword BONUSBET and you will be instantly credited with a generous $300 bonus bet to use on a race of your choice this season!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.