Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday Rosehill Gardens will host Sydney’s latest black type with the Civic Stakes 2012 and to help our readers place the winning wagers this weekend below we have our insider tips on the handicap clash.
The $100,000 Riviana Foodservice Civic Stakes (1400m) is scheduled to run as Rosehill Race 6 at 3:03pm on Saturday and has drawn a final field of 11 hopefuls.
Of the 11 gallopers engaged five are at single figure odds in the Civic Stakes odds through bookmaker.com.au.
Markets are led by John O’Shea’s June Stakes winner Alberton Park ($4.50) with the next shorterst priced being young Elusive City gelding Famous Seamus ($5.50).
The other top fancies are then Ideal Position ($6) seeking their second straight win at the track and distance, the Chris Waller-trained Tromso ($7.50) and former bush galloper Malavio ($7.50).
So does the Races.com.au team’s tip to win the Civic Stakes come from this top five?
Or do we have a longer priced chance rated special to score an upset such as multiple Group winner Lady Lynette ($10) or O’Shea’s other runner Think Mink ($10).
#8 Ideal Position ($6)
- Comes off a good last-start win over the track and distance from June 9
- Good little freshen up after that
- Awesome Win & Place rate (73%)
- Yet to finish out of the money over the 1400m (5-3-1-1)
- Steps up in class but can handle it
- Regular rider stays on
- Undefeated on Slow ground (2-2-0-0) which they’ll see here
#3 Tromso ($7.50)
- Gets the draw (barrier six) and the hoop (Hugh Bowman)
- Won with this weight (56.5kg) at this track first-up two starts back
- Will appreciate step back in class after their fifth in the Group 3 WJ Healy Stakes (1200m) last Saturday
- Has raced well on a seven-day back up at this track and distance before
- Actually have four second place finishes from six starts over the 1400m at Rosehill
- Only concern is the slow ground which they’ve never seen
- Handle the ground they win
#4 Alberton Park ($4.50)
- Favourite for a reason and will take some beating
- Will improve on their sixth at Gosford last time out getting back to Rosehill where they have an impressive record (4-2-1-0)
- Won the Listed June Stakes (1100m) first up here two back on Slow track
- Will get another Slow course and their record on that type of ground is excellent (9-2-2-3)
- Has twice won over the distance (8-2-2-1) so there’s no concern stepping up
Roughie We Like:
#1 Lady Lynette ($10)
- Ignore first-up shocker last time out
- Has 59kg so won’t win but could run a minor placing
- Triple Group winner and has faced tougher than this
- Right distance (16-8-0-2)
- Can handle the wet
- Decent second-up record (9-3-0-0)
Whether you agree with our Civic Stakes trifecta and roughie selections or have your own tips on Rosehill Race 6 you are keen to lock in, bookmaker.com.au has the markets you’re after.
So head over to bookmaker.com.au now and open your account with the online bookie offering new sign-ups with a $300 bonus bet when using the promo code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.