This afternoon the Takeover Target Stakes 2012 will take place at Gosford Racecourse and having gone over the field and form below the Races.com.au team has our insider tips on the quality handicap.
Jumping at 3:50pm the $100,000 Listed Takeover Target Stakes (1200m) field is down to nine gallopers following the scratching of #8 Mighty Obvious.
Short-priced favourite to win the clash is Alberton Park at $2.50, the John O’Shea-trained mare having beaten a similar field first-up last start in the Listed June Stakes (1100m) at Rosehill.
She gets another soft track here but goes up 2kg in the weights, can she go back-to-back and salute for the punters?
#2 Skytrain (blink text=”$3.75″])
- Third time lucky for Darley’s six-year-old
- Looked close to their best when third in the June Stakes last time out
- Carry the same weight here, whereas winner Alberton Park goes up 2kg
- Knows the track
- Kerrin McEvoy back on
- Small field so barrier seven is fine
#3 Alberton Park ($2.50)
- June Stakes winner first-up impressively
- Goes up 2kg in the weights ruling them out of the win for us
- Has class and a good place rate of 68%, much higher just looking at her most recent prep
- Slow track works in her favour (8-2-2-3)
- Runs well second-up (6-1-2-1)
#5 See The World ($6)
- Their fourth in the June Stakes was good and can improve
- Liked their win at Rosehill two back
- Has won their only previous start at the track
- Runs well on a soft track with a Slow record of 4-2-1-0
Roughie We Like
#9 My Cookie Monster ($41)
- Unbeaten at the track (3-3-0-0)
- Can handle Slow ground (4-2-0-0)
- Comes off a good win at the track on Slow ground
- Nicely drawn in barrier four and well weighted on the minimum
Whether you are tipping the same Takeover Target Stakes trifecta as us, or have your own selections you fancy backing, the odds you need can be found online at bookmaker.com.au.
So join bookmaker.com.au today and if you are a new depositing customer you will also be able to score a $300 bonus bet simply by quoting the code BONUSBET!