While the Ipswich Cup Day action takes centre stage in Queensland this weekend, over in Sydney the black type racing continues at Rosehill Gardens with the 2012 Stayers Cup, the Races.com.au team’s insider tips and betting selections for which are detailed below.
Betting markets on the $100,000 Listed Sydney Markets Limited Stayers Cup (3200m), scheduled as Rosehill Race 5 at 1:45pm, are dominated by two gallopers with Reuben Percival holding favouritism at $2.
Easing out from their opening quote of $1.95 at bookmaker.com.au the Gai Waterhouse-trained Winter Cup winner is looking to bounce back against a lower class after their fifth to Lights Of Heaven in the Group 2 Brisbane Cup (2400m) at Eagle Farm last Saturday.
Reuben Percival won this two-mile feature by five lengths in the wet last year carrying 53kg.
While they’ll get another wet track in the Heavy range, they don’t get in well with the weights having been allocated 58kg.
So can they handle the weight and go back-to-back in the Stayers Cup? Or will one of their rivals like early $2.80 market mover Adroitly get the better of them?
Having gone over the 2012 Stayers Cup field and form guide the expert crew of tipsters at Races.com.au have come up with the below tips and selections on the race, making them public knowledge for our readers to lock in at bookmaker.com.au.
#1 Adroitly ($2.80)
- Can handle the wet with a brilliant Heavy track record (3-2-0-0)
- Are the market mover
- Beat third placed Reuben Percival home when winning the Listed WJ McKell Cup (2400m) at Randwick two back
- WJ McKell Cup winning jockey Kerrin McEvoy back on for this
- Can improve on their fourth to Reuben Percival in the Winter Cup
- An up-and-comer from Peter Snowden’s stables crying out for the two miles
#2 Reuben Percival ($2)
- May struggle with the 58kg but their form is still right for a big run
- Defending champion put five lengths on their rivals in the wet in this 12 months ago
- Tommy Berry rides replacing the ill Nash Rawiller
- Weight rules them out for the win for us but expect a good fight
- Wet no worries with a Heavy record of (5-1-0-2)
#6 Emeritus ($9)
- Another player the money has come in for ($10 into $9)
- Yet to finish out on the money on a Heavy track (3-1-0-2)
- Come off some good form at Wyong and Gosford
- Need to get the distance
- Impressive Win & Place percentage of 73% – hard to go past for a top three finish
Roughie We Like:
#Roi D’Jeu ($12)
- Represent good value
- Only horse other than defending champ with experience over the 3200-metres
- Good two mile form back home in NZ
- Can improve on their Winter Cup fifth
- Handles a Heavy track (6-1-1-0)
- Winter Cup fifth was credible, only need a bit more distance and a bit of luck to finish top three
To take advantage of our exclusive Stayers Cup tips for 2012 at the hottest prices make sure you avoid the land-based bookies and get a better deal betting online with bookmaker.com.au.
Right now new depositing customers at bookmaker.com.au are enjoy $300 Bonus Bets simply by quoting the code BONUSBET when prompted during the easy Sign Up Process – so join them today!