Ipswich Cup Day is set to light up Ipswich Racecourse this Saturday and below the Races.com.au crew have their insider tips on one of the day’s chief support races, the 2012 Eye Liner Stakes.
Betting markets at bookmaker.com.au for the $175,000 Listed City Of Ipswich Eye Liner Stakes (1350m), which runs as Race 7 at 3:45pm, are firmly led by $3 favourite Belltone from the Brisbane stables of Kelso Wood.
The Brahms six-year-old comes off two big runs against tough company when a close fifth to Tiger Tees in the Group 3 BRC Sprint (1350m) and second to known wet tracker Celtic Dancer on a Heavy (10) at Eagle Farm in the Group 2 QTC Cup (1300m) last time out.
Will Belltone relish the slight step back in class on Saturday and salute for the punters, or will one of the longer-priced rivals in this capacity field score an upset Eye Liner Stakes result?
To save our readers time scrolling over the Eye Liner Stakes field and form guide the Races.com.au team have done the hard work for you and listed our best tips on the race below for you to lock in at bookmaker.com.au.
Ipswich Cup Day Race 7 Betting – Eye Liner Stakes Tips 2012
#5 Belltone ($3)
- Deserved favourite
- Comes off two big ones against tougher rivals than these
- Distance is right (12-4-3-2)
- Will relish getting a bit firmer ground after the Heavy (10) of the QTC Cup
- Chris Munce stays on
- Barrier eight (into seven) gives them options
#8 Funtantes ($12)
- Gets the right draw with barrier three
- Their fourth in the QTC Cup was good as was their Glenlogal Park Stakes fourth two back
- Consistent place rate
- Prefer the 1200m but can run well
#3 Adnocon ($10)
- Dual defending Eye Liner Stakes winner
- Undefeated at the track (2-2-0-0)
- Comes off a similar prep to last time in
- Form on paper isn’t great by Ryan has them right for this you can bet
- Go up from 56.5kg last year to 58kg on Saturday which rules them out of the win for us
#6 Gundy Son (blink text=”$10″])
- Ran second in this last year off much better form
- They won the Chief De Beers in the lead-up then but only ran fourth in that event this time
- Outclassed in the BRC Sprint when eighth and need to improve two – three lengths on that
- Has the rails run but could get caught up
Roughie We Like:
#12 Joint Chiefs ($21)
- Drawn one outside the favourite and could trail them up
- Ran a slashing third in the QTC Cup, albeit nearly three lengths off Belltone (2nd)
- On a Good – Dead track however they will improve
- Distance a query but think they’ll handle it this time round
Whether you are taking our Eye Liner Stakes tips or have your own selections rated special to win you want to back at the best prices, bookmaker.com.au have the odds you’re after.
Sign-up with bookmaker.com.au today quoting the limited-time-only codeword BONUSBET and you will also find your new account instantly credited with a juicy $300 bonus bet to say welcome!