A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
Joe Pride-trained sprinter Tiger Tees will be one of the early pace setters in Saturday’s 2012 Stradbroke Handicap (1400m) in what will be his first step up to Group 1 level.
The natural leader has been impressive from two starts this preparation, showing toughness at the end of the race to take victory in the Hall Mark Stakes at Randwick and the BRC Sprint at Doomben last month.
It will be a whole new ballgame for the talented four-year-old when he lines up in a high class field of sprinters over the 1400 metres.
The son of Dubawai has never raced at the Stradbroke distance and will have to be at the top of his game in order to claim top honours.
Keep reading for all the important Tiger Tees facts and the reasons for and against the lighting fast gelding in tomorrow’s $1 million feature sprint.
#11 – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Joseph Pride
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Barrier: 11
- Owners: AJ Rix, D J Rix, Rytz Bloodstock Synd (MGR: M RYAN), J W Owsnett, Mrs J M Owsnett, D E Piggins, N B Couper, T M Ungar, Mrs C D Ungar & P J Trowbridge
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Dubawi out of Parfore
- Career: 11-8-3-0
- Prize Money: $312,250
- Last 6: 121211
- Current Stradbroke Handicap Odds: $7.50
Why Tiger Tees Can Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- Proven winner, eight victories from 11 starts
- Comes into the race on the back of two consecutive wins
- Can run on all surfaces
- Carrying 54.5kg, 3.5kg less than topweight Buffering
Why Tiger Tees Can’t Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- Can he hang on for 1400m?
- Is he ready to match it with a Group 1 field?
- Unfamiliar jockey Corey Brown – hasn’t ridden him since his first two starts
Think Tiger Tees can take out the Stradbroke Handicap? Whoever you are backing, the best Stradbroke Handicap betting action can be found at bookmaker.com.au.
Innovators of Quickbet technology – the fastest way to bet – bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and offers a $300 bonus bet to new customers.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.