With superstar mare Black Caviar in England and Hay List out with health concerns, Saturday’s 2012 Stradbroke Handicap provides Buffering with one of his best chances yet to claim a first Group 1 victory.
The Robert Heathcote-trained stable star has placed behind the pair on a number of occasions and heads into Saturday’s race at full fitness.
A son of Mossman, Buffering came back terrifically from a stone bruise injury to come within a neck of impressive winner Sea Siren in the Doomben 10,000.
Injury will be no excuse this weekend but the four-year-old will have to overcome some challenges including the top weight of 58kg and a wide barrier 18 draw.
Unsure whether to back Buffering this weekend? Keep reading for out analysis of the stats that matter as well as some arguments as to why he can and why he can’t win the Stradbroke Handicap.
#1 Buffering – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Robert Heathcote
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Barrier: 18
- Owner: Mrs V Heathcote, S Krslovic, C Moore, R Ciobo, S Chipperfield, C Lord, Crafty Racing Synd, Aspariamo Racing Synd & B Harry
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Mossman out of Action Annie
- Career: 25-9-6-4
- Prize Money: $1,434,400
- Last 6: 232312
- Current Stradbroke Handicap Odds: $7.50
Why Buffering Can Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- Is a class horse who has many times placed behind Black Caviar and Hay List
- Fully recovered from injury, now at full fitness
- Has experience in high pressure races
- Experienced jockey Hugh Bowman on board
Why Buffering Can’t Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- Can he hang on for 1400m?
- How will he handle the top weight of 58kg?
- Very wide barrier, a lot rests on jockey Bowman
Think Buffering will finally claim an elite level victory? Or will you be backing Sea Siren? Another runner? Whoever you are backing, head to bookmaker.com.au to get access to the best value odds.
Home of the $300 bonus bet, the Australian owned bookie has all the best betting on this weekend’s Brisbane action.