Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Exciting filly Sea Siren will attempt to achieve an astonishing Brisbane sprint treble when she lines up in Saturday’s Group 1 $1 million 2012 Stradbroke Handicap (1400m) at Eagle Farm.
The Fastnet Rock three-year-old has been the star of the Brisbane carnival so far, taking out the Group 1 BTC Cup and Doomben 10,000.
Trained by John O’Shea, the talented youngster has drawn well in barrier six but will have to break a weight-carrying record for three-year-old fillies when she runs at 55kg in Saturday’s feature sprint.
The youngster has already scored five victories from seven starts but she faces her toughest test yet in a strong 18-horse field.
Not sure whether Sea Siren is the horse to put your punting money behind this weekend? Keep reading for the stats that matter as well as the key reasons as to she can or can not again claim top honours.
#6 Sea Siren – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 6
- Owners: K Biggs Enterprises P/L Synd (MGR: K BIGGS), Horseshoe Investments P/L Synd (MGR: R RUSSELL), P Waller, J Monterrubio & Ms C Biggs
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock (AUS) out of Express A Smile (AUS)
- Career: 7-5-1-1
- Prize Money: $863,330
- Last 6: 111211
- Current Doomben 10,000 Odds: $4.60
Why Sea Siren Can Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- The form horse of the carnival, coming off BTC Cup and Doomben 10,000 wins
- Proven winner, now has five wins from seven starts
- Has received a plum barrier six draw
- Will again be ridden by Jim Cassidy who has a great association with the horse
Why Sea Siren Can’t Win Stradbroke Handicap 2012
- No horse has claimed the Brisbane sprint treble
- She will have to break a weight carrying record for a three-year-old filly of 55kg
- This will be the toughest race she has ever run in
Think Sea Siren can achieve the incredible feat of the Brisbane sprint treble? Fancy another chance? Whoever you are backing, head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best value when betting.
Quote the code BONUSBET when signing up today to take advantage of their amazing $300 bonus bet offer for first-time depositing customers.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.