Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
In a strong field where many of the top 2012 Queensland Oaks (2400m) chances comes from New Zealand, Chris Waller-trained filly Scorpio Queen is one of the best local hopes.
The daughter of Choisir has shown plenty of promise in her young career, boasting a career record of four wins from eight starts.
One thing that could play right into her favour is the weather, with rain falling over the past couple of days in the Queensland capital and more predicted on Saturday.
Scorpio Queen has won twice from three wet-track starts including the Listed Gold Coast Bracelet where she finished in front of a number of Oaks starters.
In an 18-horse field she has drawn well in barrier nine and will be ridden experienced jockey Jim Cassidy.
Continue reading for all the important background stats as well as key reasons for and against this Australian hope in Saturday’s feature race.
#5 Scorpio Queen – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 9
- Owners: S Kirkham, S Hoffmeister, J Anderson, Mrs Lc Kirkham, D Lesjak, M Gray, G Henry, K Peach, D Aitken & R Kirkham
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: Choisir out of Lyford
- Career: 8-4-1-1
- Prize Money: $144,300
- Last 6: 211613
- Current Queensland Oaks Odds: $6.50
Why Scorpio Queen Can Win the 2012 Queensland Oaks
- Excellent record of four wins from eight starts
- Beat many of these horses including Miss Artistic in the Gold Coast Bracelet
- Fresh off a third-place effort in The Roses
- Excellent wet track form of two wins from three starts
Why Scorpio Queen Can’t Win the 2012 Queensland Oaks
- Yet to race at Eagle Farm
- Yet to race at 2400 metres
- Can she match the star New Zealand fillies?
Do you think Scorpio Queen can win the Queensland Oaks? Fancy a New Zealand runner? Whichever way you are headed be sure to get access to the best odds by signing up at bookmaker.com.au.
Quote the code BONUSBET when opening a new account today to be rewarded with their $300 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.