Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
John Sargent–trained Quintessential is one of many New Zealand fillies chasing glory in Saturday’s Group 1 $400,000 2012 Queensland Oaks (2400m) at Eagle Farm.
The talented daughter of Fast ‘n’ Famous arrived in Australia with plenty of success behind her and boasts a promising early career record of three wins and four place finishes from 10 starts.
Since arriving in Australia she has not had much luck but despite two wide barrier draws has run well on two occasions to produce consecutive fourth-place efforts in the Group 3 Gunsynd Classic and The Roses.
Quintessential has drawn far better here and will be ridden much closer to the fence by Damian Browne after receiving the inside barrier position.
Not sure whether to back this promising New Zealand horse this weekend? Keep reading below for the stats that matter as well as some key reasons to back or sack the up-and-comer!
#8 Quintessential – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John Sargent
- Jockey: Damian Browne
- Barrier: 1
- Owner: Nearco Stud Ltd (MGR: A Clark)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: Fast ‘n’ Famous out of Florette
- Career: 10-3-1-2
- Prize Money: AU $12,000 and NZ $102,450
- Last 6: 133344
- Current Queensland Oaks Odds: $5.00
Why Quintessential Can Win the 2012 Queensland Oaks
- Two promising lead-up runs in Gunsynd Classic and The Roses
- Good form in all conditions and rain is expected
- Finished third in Group 1 New Zealand Oaks at same distance
- Inside Barrier Position
Why Quintessential Can’t Win the 2012 Queensland Oaks
- Hasn’t won in last five starts
- Has finished behind fellow Oaks starter Miss Artistic the last two times they have raced
- Is still new to Australian conditions
Think Quintessential can capitalise on a good barrier draw and win the Queensland Oaks? Whether you do or don’t, give yourself access to the best odds this weekend by betting with bookmaker.com.au.
Home of the $300 bonus bet, bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and has all the products to suit your racing needs.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.