There has been plenty of hype about talented three-year-old Pampelonne heading into tomorrow’s Group 1 2012 Doomben 10,000 but the questions remains, is he ready for elite level racing?
The exciting three-year-old has been in sensational form this year and will be chasing a fourth consecutive victory after three dominant performances.
Trained by Tim Martin, the Rock Of Gibraltar gelding is fresh off a 3 1/2 length win in the $500,000 Scone Guineas and has drawn favourably in barrier three for his challenge against more experienced rivals.
Can’t work out whether to back this exciting up-and-comer this weekend? Keep reading below as we analyse the reasons to back or sack Pampelonne from your Doomben 10,000 bets this weekend as well as provide some crucial stats.
#12 Pampelonne – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Tim Martin
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Barrier: 3
- Owner: A R Bell
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Rock Of Gibraltar (IRE) out of Jestajewel (AUS)
- Career: 6-4-2-0
- Prize Money: $542,900
- Last 6: 122111
- Current Doomben 10,000 Odds: $4.80
Why Pampelonne Can Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- Has been dominant this year, winning three times from three starts
- Excellent barrier three draw
- Distance will be no concern, won by 3 1/2 length in Scone Guineas (1400m)
- Knows how to win, four victories from six starts
Why Pampelonne Can’t Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- Is he good enough for the elite level yet?
- Only one week after Scone Guineas, has never raced back-to-back before
- Comes up against far classier opposition than ever faced before
Do you think Pampelonne can win the Doomben 10,000? Or maybe you fancy BTC Cup winner Sea Siren? A different horse? Whichever way you are headed, be sure to visit bookmaker.com.au to get access to the best odds.
Home of the $300 bonus bet, bookmaker.com.au is fully Australian owned and has all the products to suit your racing needs.