Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Talented filly Sea Siren had plenty of doubters heading into the BTC Cup but after her dominant 1 1/3 length win she has demanded respect and will start as favourite in Saturday’s Group 1 2012 Doomben 10,000 (1350m).
The Fastnet Rock three-year-old may have had just six starts in her young career but her record is super impressive with four wins and two places.
But history is against the John O’Shea-trained star with not one filly winning the race since its commencement in 1933.
It will take a remarkable effort if the exciting three-year-old can back up her BTC Cup win but she has drawn nicely in barrier seven and will again have experienced rider Jim Cassidy on board.
Not sure whether to back the in-form filly this weekend? Keep reading for the stats that matter and the pros for and cons agains the $4.20 bookmaker.com.au favourite.
#15 Sea Siren – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 7
- Owners: K Biggs Enterprises P/L Synd (MGR: K BIGGS), Horseshoe Investments P/L Synd (MGR: R RUSSELL), P Waller, J Monterrubio & Ms C Biggs
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock (AUS) out of Express A Smile (AUS)
- Career: 6-4-1-1
- Prize Money: $440,730
- Last 6: 11121
- Current Doomben 10,000 Odds: $4.20
Why Sea Siren Can Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- Is fresh off an outstanding victory in the Group 1 BTC Cup
- Simply knows how to win, four wins from six starts
- Will be ridden by Jim Cassidy who has experienced success on the young star
- Has drawn reasonably in barrier seven
Why Sea Siren Can’t Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- No filly has ever won the Doomben 10,000
- How will she handle the potentially wet track?
- How will she back up from the BTC Cup?
Think Sea Siren can make history and become the first filly to win the Doomben 10,000? Then sign up to the Australian owned bookmaker.com.au to get the best odds.
If you sign up today quoting the code BONUSBET you can take advantage of their amazing $300 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.