With so much hype about star three-year-olds Sea Siren and Pampelonne leading in to tomorrow’s 2012 Doomben 10,000, it is easy to forget that just two weeks ago the same hype was being made about Buffering for the BTC Cup.
The talented Queensland sprinter was cruelly struck down by a stone bruise injury the day prior to the race but gets a chance this weekend to score his first Group 1 victory.
Trained by Robert Heathcote, the four-year-old has reportedly fully recovered from the injury that saw him withdrawn from the BTC Cup and will go into Saturday’s $650,000 event as third bookmaker.com.au favourite ($7.00).
There is little denying the class of the Mossman gelding who has placed behind Black Caviar and Hay List on numerous occasions but there is still some questions over his fitness and whether he can handle the step up to 1350 metres.
Keep reading for all the important stats as well as the reasons for and against the successful gelding’s chances in tomorrow’s exciting feature race.
#4 Buffering – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Robert Heathcote
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Barrier: 10
- Owner: Mrs V Heathcote, S Krslovic, C Moore, R Ciobo, S Chipperfield, C Lord, Crafty Racing Synd, Aspariamo Racing Synd & B Harry
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Mossman out of Action Annie
- Career: 24-9-5-4
- Prize Money: $1,304,400
- Last 6: 623231
- Current Doomben 10,000 Odds: $7.00
Why Buffering Can Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- Is a class horse who has many times placed behind Black Caviar and Hay List
- Ridden by successful Sydney jockey Hugh Bowman
- Beat Scenic Blast by seven lengths last start at Eagle Farm
- Potential for a wet surface, has won three from five on slow and heavy tracks
Why Buffering Can’t Win Doomben 10,000 2012
- How much has the injury set him back?
- Can he handle the 1350m this year? Finished last in 2011
- Is barrier 10 too wide?
Think Buffering can finally get that elusive Group 1 victory? Whoever you are backing, be sure to visit bookmaker.com.au to give yourself access to the best odds.
Innovators of Quickbet technology – the fastest way to bet – bookmaker.com.au is Australian owned and operated and have a huge $300 bonus bet for first-time depositing customers.