The futures markets for the Queensland Oaks 2012 are now open at our No. 1 recommended online bookie bookmaker.com.au with three fillies installed as the equal favourites for the classic.
It seems the tipsters are having a hard time separating the contenders from the pretenders for the $400,000 Group 1 Queensland Oaks (2400m) which is set to run at Eagle Farm Racecourse on Saturday June 2.
Queensland Oaks odds at bookmaker.com.au are led by three $6 chances with:
- Angel Of Mercy – Gerald Ryan’s Hussonet filly won back-to-back races before her sixth to Invest in The Roses when seeing the 2000-metres for the first time, needs to step up in distance again
- Quintessential – Fast ‘n’ Famous filly from John Sargent’s New Zealand stables, was the genuine eye-catcher in The Roses when a length away fourth, will handle the Oaks distance too having run third in the NZ Oaks back in March
- Scorpio Queen – Chris Waller-trained Choisir filly also ran a beautiful race to finish third in The Roses before which she won the Gold Coast Bracelet, should continue to improve over more ground
Following the top three there are another three single-figure chances with:
- Miss Artistic ($6.50) – Shaune Ritchie-trained New Zealand Oaks winner has had two runs down under when fourth in the GC Bracelet then a super close second in The Roses, look great value at $6.50 but do need to peak twice for this
- Poste Restante ($8.50) – Another New Zealander, this one not having gone the traditional The Roses path, fourth in the NZ Oaks and debuted down under with a good third just half a length off QLD Derby hopeful Brambles in the Group 3 Rough Habit Plate (2000m) at Doomben on May 12
- Invest ($9) – Clarry Conners’ The Roses winner is on fire having also saluted in the Group 1 Schweppes Oaks (2000m) earlier in the season, however getting up to the 2400m she could find herself threatened having nearly been run down last start by a number of these
Other longer priced hopefuls in the early markets that could prove the value bet in the classic then include the likes of the Colin Little-trained grey Blue Ribbon ($13), Graeme Rogerson’s Redoute’s Choice filly Joy’s Choice ($13), Schweppes Oaks runner-up Our Miss Jones ($14) and Patinack Farm’s Pretty Pins ($16).
See below for the top 15 chances in the fixed win futures markets for the Queensland Oaks available now at bookmaker.com.au.
Fancy a punt one of the upcoming Group 1 features of the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival but don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account open?
It’s easy to sign-up with Australia’s premier bookie and when you do make sure you quote the code BONUSBET to cash in on their generous $300 bonus welcome bet offer!
2012 Queensland Oaks Odds
Eagle Farm – 02/06/2012
|ANGEL OF MERCY||6.00|
|OUR MISS JONES||14.00|
*Fixed Win odds are Top 15 only and subject to change – see bookmaker.com.au for updates and to bet now!