Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Star French import has the opportunity to add yet another Group 1 victory to his already impressive resume when he lines up in the inside barrier in tomorrow’s Group 1 $500,000 2012 Doomben Cup (2000m).
The Peter Moody-trained gelding is in career best form, having recently completed a rare Australian Cup, Ranvet Stakes and BMW treble followed by a runner-up finish to More Joyous in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
He is racing at the distance he won the Australian Cup and the Ranvet and will enjoy the return of regular jockey Luke Nolen who was absent on Black Caviar duty for his Queen Elizabeth Stakes run.
Not sure whether Manighar can score another elite level victory? Keep reading for the stats that matter as well reasons to back or sack the French six-year-old tomorrow.
Horse Facts – Manighar
- Jockey: Luke Nolen
- Barrier: 1
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Hon E I Mack, Carson Joel Syn, Glenlogan Park, J Higgins Uthmeyer Racing, A Karoll, Gurners Bldstk, Ms D Tricario, Est D Christensen and Oti Manighar
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Linamix out of Mintly Fresh
- Career: 27 9-5-4
- Prize Money: $2,894,450
- Last Six: 131112
- Current Doomben Cup Odds: $2.20
Yes – Manighar can win the Doomben Cup
- He has been in sensational form this year, winning three Group 1 races
- He is at home in big races
- He faces a lesser quality field than what he beat three times this year
- He has won twice at Group 1 level at the 2000 metre Doomben Cup distance
- Regular jockey Luke Nolen returns to the saddle
No – Manighar can’t win the Doomben Cup
- He has had just three weeks off racing since his gruelling autumn campaign
- He has drawn the inside barrier, will he get stuck on the fence?
Think Manighar will take top honours tomorrow? Whether you do or not, be sure to head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best value when betting.
Sign up as a new customer today quoting the code BONUSBET to take advantage of their amazing new customer $300 bonus bet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.