In-form New Zealand mare Shez Sinsational will attempt to score a fourth consecutive victory when she lines up in a quality 2012 Doomben Cup (2000m) field tomorrow.
The Allan Sharrock-trained four-year-old scored immediate success upon arriving in Australia for her winter campaign when she took victory in the Hollindale Stakes earlier this month.
She had a successful Brisbane campaign last year when placing in the Queensland Oaks and Derby and returns a far more accomplished horse with three Group 1 victories including the Auckland Cup on her resume.
The daughter of Ekraar faces her toughest test yet when taking on star French gelding Manighar so keep reading to discover the important stats and the reasons as to why she can or can’t win tomorrow’s $500,000 feature race.
Horse Facts – Shez Sinsational
- Jockey: Oppie Bosson
- Barrier: 11
- Trainer: Allan Sharrock
- Owners: GA Macondald, GH Phillips, AA Baeyertz, RW Sharrock & JP Goodin
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Ekraar out of Original Sin
- Career: 21-9-5-3
- Prize Money: AU $333,400 and NZ $634,400
- Last Six: 013111
- Current Doomben Cup Odds: $5.50
Yes – Shez Sinsational can win the Doomben Cup
- She has been in sizzling form, winning her last three starts
- She has won three times over 2000 metres
- She will be ridden by talented Singapore-based jockey Oppie Bosson
- She has won at Group 1 level three times
No – Shez Sinsational can’t win the Doomben Cup
- She faces her toughest test yet against Manighar
- She has drawn wide in barrier 11
Will it be Manighar or Shez Sinsational? Or fancy another runner? Whichever way you are leaning be sure to sign up at bookmaker.com.au to bet with the best odds.
Quote the code BONUSBET when opening a new account today to take advantage of their amazing $300 bonus bet offer!