Trainer Kris Lees’ multiple Group 1 winner Le...
This Saturday Randwick trainer John O’Shea will put his young three-year-old filly Sea Siren to the ultimate test in the 2012 BTC Cup but the question is will she sink or swim?
A daughter of ace Aussie sire Fastnet Rock Sea Siren has had just five career starts to date and boasts a perfect 100% place rate that includes a trio of turf triumphs.
Her biggest win to date was over Group 1 winner Streama in the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes (1200m) at Warwick Farm back in February, but Streama turned the table next start when defeating Sea Siren in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) on March 10.
The Surround run was Sea Siren’s last but she returns on Saturday to make her interstate debut in the $400,000 Group 1 BTC Cup (2000m) at Doomben Racecourse in Brisbane.
With the clear favourite Buffering in doubt with a stone bruise, there is sure to be plenty of money now coming in for Sea Siren in the BTC Cup odds at bookmaker.com.au.
She currently shares the second line of betting at a quote of $7.50 with the Joe Pride-trained Neeson.
While there is no doubt Sea Siren has plenty of potential she has her work cut out for her on the weekend as she heads towards a run in Queensland’s richest race, the $1 million Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap (1400m) at Eagle Farm on June 9.
So can the lightly raced youngster step up to the big time and get the better of her older, more experienced rivals on Saturday?
Or does the BTC Cup winners tag belong to another in the field such as last year’s Doomben 10,000 winner Beaded, or last start The Galaxy champ Temple Of Boom?
Having gone over the BTC Cup form guide and facts below we provide the pros and cons of backing Sea Siren for the win tomorrow.
#15 Sea Siren – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 5
- Weight: 55kg
- Owners: K Biggs Enterprises P/L Synd (MGR: K BIGGS), Horseshoe Investments P/L Synd (MGR: R RUSSELL), P Waller, J Monterrubio & Ms C Biggs
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock (AUS) out of Express A Smile (AUS)
- Career: 5-3-1-1
- Prize Money: $199,230
- Win%: 60.00%
- Place%: 100%
- Last 6: 31112
- Current BTC Cup Odds: $7.50
Why Sea Siren Can Win the BTC Cup 2012
- Jim Cassidy stays on so she’s impressed this top hoop
- Gets the ideal gate with barrier five
- Boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 60%, but keep in mind she’s had just five runs
- Also has the best Place Percentage with a perfect 100%
- Distance is ideal, she has won three from four and also recorded a third over the 1200m
Why Sea Siren Won’t Be the 2012 BTC Cup Winner
- Can she handle an open-age, open-sex, weight-for-age Group 1 at just start No. 6?
- There are some class types here with plenty of experience that she needs to beat
- Could be a better Place Bet with her 100% place percentage
- 3YO’s have dismal record in the race having one just once in the past 10 years with Duporth (2009)
Whether you fancy Sea Siren for a win or place bet, or you are tipping on of the longer priced chances for the BTC Cup victory, the markets you need and the odds you want can be found online at bookmaker.com.au
Remember if you are a new depositing customer at bookmaker.com.au this season to quote the exclusive promotional code BONUSBET to enjoy a $300 Bonus Bet on the house!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.