Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
A crack nine-race program will run at Queensland’s Gold Coast Racecourse this Saturday as part of the early Queensland Winter Racing Carnival action, one of the meeting’s two headline events being the 2012 Gold Coast Guineas.
There are two early scratchings from the $125,000 Group 3 Gold Coast Guineas (1200m) at this stage with the Kris Lees-trained Uate and Peter Snowden’s to have been resuming Mental.
Both horses were among the early favourites in the Gold Coast Guineas odds at bookmaker.com.au paying around $7.50 and $6.50 respectively at the time of their withdrawal.
With the Gold Coast track downgraded to a Heavy (8) overnight, Lees made the decision not to run Uate in the event because of his dismal wet track record.
He is still entered for the $150,000 Listed Hawkesbury Guineas (1400m) on Saturday but the rain needs to stay away for them to run.
The withdrawals have paved the way for the first two emergencies to gain a start with the Bruce Hill-trained local One To Go to be ridden by Larry Cassidy who was originally booked to ride Uate, and the Trevor Whittington-trained Run With Me who is in the extreme outside gate.
Following the scratchings Desleigh Forster’s consistent Easy Rocking gelding Easy Running has retained favouritism firming in from $5.50 to $4.40.
Drawn in gate three with regular rider Damian Brown engaged, Easy Running races at the Gold Coast for the first time since being just defeated on the line by Punch On in the Magic Millions Guineas back in January.
They resumed on April 21 at Eagle Farm to win the Listed Mick Dittman Plate (1000m) and Forster is confident they can keep the good form going on Saturday.
“He’s bombproof and can run on wet or dry tracks,” Forster said of the punters’ pick.
“It was a super run from him last time.
“He got held up for a run and it was only his class that got him there.
“He’s progressed well since the win and with his good barrier he should be hard to beat.”
All the other single figure hopes in the Gold Coast Guineas betting markets have also firmed over the past couple of days with:
- #14 Florentina ($6.50 into $5) – Big money for David Payne’s Redoute’s Choice filly making her Queensland debut, hasn’t raced since finishing dead last to Streama in the Group 1 Flight Stakes (1600m) at Randwick last October, a big spell but goes well fresh and this is an easier class to what she’s used to
- #5 Morning Captain ($9 into $8) – Kelly Doughty-trained galloper gets the advantage on their local track, rain doesn’t hurt either as they come off a good win in a Doomben black type over 1350m on a Slow (6)
The only top fancy to have eased out has been Marc Conners’ Mick Dittman runner-up Didntcostalot out from $7 to $8.
Other notable market movers at better odds include the Brian Smith-trained State Of Wealth who has come in from $26 to $21 to score a juicy win, and well-tried Toowoomba filly Crystal Doll into $26 after paying as much as $31 earlier in the week.
Resuming Magic Millions Guineas winner Punch On has also seen some movement coming in from $17 to $15 to win the Guineas double at the track.
To get behind these early favourites head to bookmaker.com.au and place your bets.
Or, stay tuned to Races.com.au as we get ready to publish our insider Gold Coast Guineas tips.
Either way make sure you’re ready for the action by opening an account with bookmaker.com.au quoting the code BONUSBET to also enjoy a $300 bonus welcome bet on the house!
2012 Gold Coast Guineas Odds Update
Gold Coast Race 9 – 4:30pm – 05/05/2012
- #1 Easy Running – $5.50 into $4.40
- #2 Uate – Scratched
- #3 Biggles – $11 into $10
- #4 Double Impact – Steady at $31
- #5 Morning Captain – $9 into $8
- #6 Show A Prince – Steady at $31
- #7 Extraceed – $13 out to $15
- #8 Mental – Scratched
- #9 Didntcostalot – $7 out to $8
- #10 Kelbenjar – Steady at $21
- #11 State Of Wealth – $26 into $21
- #12 Punch On – $17 into $15
- #13 Emmalene – $14 into $12
- #14 Florentina – $6.50 into $5
- #15 Crystal Doll – $31 into $26
- #16 Lucky Morna – Steady at $35
- #17 One To Go – $101 into $91
- #18 Run With Me – Steady at $101
- #19 Witches Wonder – $151 into $101
- #20 Geological – Steady at $101
- #21 Jam Fancy – Steady at $101
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.