Torvill is tipped as the three-year-old filly to...
This Saturday the Gold Coast Guineas 2012 will bring the racing action at the ‘glitter strip’ to a close and to help you finish the day in the black, below the Races.com.au team have our exclusive tips and betting selections on the race.
Running as the Gold Coast Race 9 at 4:30pm the $125,000 Group 3 Roger Hawke Gold Coast Guineas (1200m) still has a full field with the first two emergencies getting a run with the early scratchings of #2 Uate and #8 Mental.
It is going to be a wet Guineas on Saturday with the Gold Coast currently a Heavy (8) with another downgrade on the cards if that sun the coast is so famous for doesn’t start to shine soon.
The Gold Coast Guineas betting markets at bookmaker.com.au have last start Mick Dittman Plate winner Easy Running ($4.40) narrowly holding onto to top spot.
Hot on their heels is the big market mover Florentina ($5), David Payne’s Sydney filly racing first up since a failed run in the Flight Stakes last October.
So does the horse the Races.com.au team have rated special to win the Gold Coast Guineas on Saturday come from one of the top two?
And what about the Gold Coast Guineas Trifecta? Is there a roughie or two that we are tipping to add value to the top trio?
See below to find out!
#1 Easy Running ($4.40)
- Impressive 75% Win / Place strike rate
- Goes well second up (3-1-1-0)
- Yet to finish out of the money over the distance (3-1-1-1)
- Also goes well at the Gold Coast (2-1-1-0)
- Come off a nice first-up stakes win at Eagle Farm
- Can handle the Heavy track
To Place –
#5 Morning Captain ($8)
- Lots to like including that impressive 88% Win/Place Rate
- Have won their last four including both this time in, most recently on a Slow (6) at Doomben in a Listed feature
- Should have come on since then and going up to the mile third-up will suit
- Chris Munce Stays on
- Their record says zero starts here but it’s their home track so they are familiar
Roughies To Try
#12 Punch On ($15)
- At this price because they have never won first-up (3-0-1-0)
- Don’t ignore completely
- Have beaten lots in this field including the favourite Easy Running
- Won the Gold Coast Magic Millions Guineas here last time out
- Runs okay on a slow track
- Really wide (17) but can still finish top three or four
#4 Double Impact ($31)
- Best wet tracker in the field with two wins from three starts on Heavy ground
- Are first-up and have a solid first-up record (4-1-0-2)
- Out wider (10) but on this type of ground will suit
- Before their break won back-to-back races in Brisbane
Lock in our insider Gold Coast Guineas tips, or get your own selections at the hottest odds online with bookmaker.com.au now.
New to sign up and make your first investment with bookmaker.com.au? Quote the exclusive Promo Code: BONUSBET when you do to unlock a juicy $300 Bonus Welcome Bet!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.