One of the key Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival lead-up events for the fillies runs at the Gold Coast this Saturday with the Gold Coast Bracelet 2012, our exclusive betting tips and selections for which are detailed below.
Due to jump at 2:35pm as Gold Coast Race 6, the $125,000 Listed Gold Coast Bracelet (1800m) is shaping up as an intriguing clash this year between the better three-year-old female stayers, the majority of which are heading towards the 2012 Queensland Oaks next month.
So who’s in the mix and who’s dominating the Gold Coast Bracelet odds at bookmaker.com.au?
There are about four that the punters want and according to the markets you can forget the rest.
Angel Of Mercy is the firming favourite in from $3.60 to $3.40, Gerald Ryan’s Sydney filly coming off a win in the Listed James HB Carr Stakes (1400m) at Randwick last Saturday.
She gets a chance to show the locals how it’s done but can she do that in the wet?
The other horses getting some love here are NZ Oaks winner Miss Artistic ($4.40), early market mover Hidden Jewel ($5.50 into $5) coming off a win in the Listed Princess Stakes (1600m) at Eagle Farm, and the Peter Snowden-trained Angelus ($6).
So are these the fillies the Races.com.au team have rated special to back this weekend?
Or is there an upset Gold Coast Bracelet result on the cards?
Having gone over the field, form, facts and stats we have our exclusive tips listed below.
#4 Hidden Jewel ($5)
- Beat a number of these in the Princess Stakes at Eagle Farm last time out
- 83% Win & Place rate cannot be ignored
- Can she handle the soft track and distance?
- Win over 1500m at Eagle Farm over Pretty Pins during the summer says she’ll get the distance
- Ran a close third on a Heavy (10) at the Gold Coast last October behind Crazy Mamma back in October so that should hold no fears either
#6 Pretty Pins ($10)
- A known mudlark undefeated on Heavy tracks (2-2-0-0)
- Won back-to-back at Doomben in December including over the mile on Heavy ground
- Resumed with a good fifth at Doomben in a black type behind Morning Captain
- Improve on their last run and has Win / Place rate of 88%!
- First time at track and distance but should surprise
#2 Miss Artistic ($4.40)
- Group winner of the NZ Oaks last time out
- Good record of the Kiwi fillies in Queensland this time of year
- Probably can’t win as she’s gearing up for bigger things
- Definite Place chance
- Improves if the ground gets into Slow range
Roughie We Like
#3 Crazy Mamma ($61)
- Specialist at the track with an awesome record (9-4-1-1)
- Good W&P percentage of 42%
- Can handle it Slow (3-0-2-0) and Heavy (5-1-2-1)
- Definite wet tracker with a chance to place
- Ignore the Princess Stakes 10th, can improve
Head to our favourite online bookie bookmaker.com.au now to get in on the Gold Coast Bracelet betting action.
Whether you fancy our Gold Coast Bracelet tips or have your own to back the best odds in Australia will be found at bookmaker.com.au.
So join the online betting revolution today and when you do make sure you enter the code BONUSBET to take advantage of bookmaker.com.au’s $300 Bonus Bet Offer!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change