Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the two Group 1 clashes scheduled for Morphettville’s ‘Black Caviar Day’ on Saturday is the 2012 Schweppes Australasian Oaks and to help you back the winning filly below the Races.com.au crew has made their insider tips on the race public knowledge.
Due to jump at 2:35pm (SA time) as Morphettville Race 5 the $400,000 Group 1 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (2000m) field boasts plenty of depth and the form guide makes for interesting reading.
There are five in the field under double figures in the latest Schweppes Oaks betting odds at our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au, but really there is only one they punters want and that’s Empress Rock.
Bart Cummings’ multiple Group 2 winner has been steadily backed since markets opened and she has continued to wind in from $4.40 right into $3.80.
While defeated by fellow Oaks rival Crucial ($8) in the Group 3 Schweppervescence Stakes (1800m) last time out, Empress Rock gets the weight advantage for round two and should relish that and the step up to 2000-metres.
Other main dangers in the field look to be the Michael Kent-trained Our Miss Jones ($7), Zabeel filly Rahveel ($8) coming off a Schweppervescence second and Robert Smerdon’s progressive Red Typhoon ($9.50).
This is a big line-up however and while the rest of them are at long odds there is always a roughie or two worth a look at.
Earlier the Races.com.au team published out 2012 Schweppes Australasian Oaks Form Guide & Betting Preview, and based on the facts and stats we uncovered there below we have our exclusive tips.
2012 Schweppes Australasian Oaks Betting – Morphettville Race 5 Tips
#1 Empress Rock ($3.80)
- Market mover heavily backed in from $4.40 to $3.80
- Drawn in nine and comes into eight with emergencies out – options from that gate
- Dual Group 2 winner in Melbourne with wins in the Kewney Stakes and MV Fillies Classic
- Out for the same MV Fillies Classic – Schweppes Oaks winning double as Lights Of Heaven from Melbourne last year
- Good fifth in the Schweppervescence carrying 58.5kg to the winner Crucial’s 54.5kg; they meet equal on 56kg in the Oaks
- Steven Arnold stays on
- Should get the distance they way they’ve been going
- Boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 42.86%
#2 Crucial ($8)
- Comes off a win over a number of these in the Schweppervescence
- Rises in weight from 54.5kg to 56kg ruling her out for the win for us
- Overcame gate 16 of 16 last start should like 10 (into 9) on Saturday
- Vlad Duric rides for the third time on the trot
- One of only two previous winners at the track
- Has Slow track form if the rain comes
#10 Our Miss Jones ($7)
- Comes off a third to Empress Rock in the MV Fillies Classic
- Month between runs – are they still fresh?
- Melbourne form the one to beat
- Hasn’t raced further than a mile so needs to get the distance
- Ridden by last year’s winning hoop Luke Nolen
- Awesome Place Rate of 80%
Roughies We Like:
#15 Crimson Lady ($15
- Ran a good third in the Schweppervescence but is another that needs to handle the weight rise
- Has the far outside gate to overcome but time to do it for a fast finishing place
- Slow track win
- Second highest win rate of the field with 40%
Whether you are taking us up on our Schweppes Oaks tips or have your own selections you are keen to lock in, the horse racing odds and options you need will be found online at bookmaker.com.au.
Now is the ideal time to discover the benefits of betting online by bookmaker.com.au as they have a $300 bonus bet waiting for new depositing customers that quote the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.