Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Glamour mare More Joyous heads into Saturday’s 2012 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m) as deserving favourite after an impressive autumn that has seen her produce three dominant victories.
A win against some quality stayers in this weekend’s $500,000 Group 1 event would be the icing on the cake for the Gai Waterhouse-trained horse who is backing up just seven days after an emphatic Doncaster Mile victory.
Many were happy to write the winner of 18 of 25 starts off ahead of the Doncaster but she proved the doubters wrong with a special effort to win by nearly a length.
She faces another challenge this Saturday in both opposition and distance as she takes on star imports Americain and Manighar at a distance she has only run at once when finishing fifth in the 2010 Cox Plate.
Keep reading to find out the crucial facts about the champion mare as well as reasons to back or sack her when betting this weekend.
#7 More Joyous – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Barrier: 7
- Owners: Strawberry Hills Stud (Mgr: Mr JD Singleton)
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by More Than Ready out of Sunday Joy
- Career: 25-18-0-2
- Prize Money: $3,954,650
- Last 6: 17X111
- Current 2012 Queen Elizabeth Stakes Odds: $2.70
Yes – More Joyous will win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- She has been in unbelievable form, winning all three starts this preparation
- She is a proven Group 1 winner, having won at the elite level seven times
- Her record speaks for itself: 18 wins from 25 starts
- She has regular and successful jockey Nash Rawiller in the saddle
No – More Joyous won’t win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- She has only run the distance once before which resulted in a fifth-place finish
- She faces a high class field
- She is backing up seven days after the Doncaster Mile
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.