Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Star French import Manighar will be out to continue his sizzling 2012 form as he attempts a fourth consecutive Group 1 victory in tomorrow’s 2012 Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Randwick.
The Peter Moody-trained gelding is in career best form, having recently completed a rare Australian Cup, Ranvet Stakes and BMW treble.
He will again go head–to-head with Americain who finished third behind him in the Australian Cup and runner-up in the BMW and will take on star mare More Joyous for the first time.
Keep reading below for the stats that matter and reasons why Manighar can and can’t produce a rare fourth consecutive Group 1 victory.
Horse Facts – Manighar
- Jockey: Damien Oliver
- Barrier: 2
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Hon E I Mack, Carson Joel Syn, Glenlogan Park, J Higgins Uthmeyer Racing, A Karoll, Gurners Bldstk, Ms D Tricario, Est D Christensen and Oti Manighar
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Linamix out of Mintly Fresh
- Career: 27 10-4-4
- Prize Money: $2,794,450
- Last Six: X13111
- Current Queen Elizabeth Stakes Odds: $3.80
Yes – Manighar can win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- He has been in sensational form, winning his last three starts at Group 1 level
- He is at home in big races
- He has won twice at Group 1 level at the 2000 metre Queen Elizabeth distance
No – Manighar can’t win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- He faces his toughest opponent to date in More Joyous
- He is without regular jockey Luke Nolen who has been replaced by Damien Oliver
- It has been a long preparation
Backing Manighar to achieve an amazing fourth straight Group 1 victory? Head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best odds.
Sign up today as a first time depositing customer to be rewarded by the fully Australian owned bookie with a $300 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.