Americain is still chasing his first victory the year and gets a chance tomorrow when lining up in the 2012 Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Randwick Racecourse.
Currently paying $4.20 at bookmaker.com.au, the former Melbourne Cup winner has raced twice in 2012, having finished third and second in the Australian Cup and BMW to Manighar.
The David Hayes-trained horse will have to topple the French gelding to win tomorrow and will also have to beat glamour More Joyous who is fresh off a Doncaster Mile victory.
Americain will be well rested, having last run in the BMW on April 7 and has new jockey Craig Williams in the saddle after flamboyant French rider Gerald Mosse was sacked following a much-criticised BMW ride.
Don’t know whether to back Americain this weekend? The Races.com.au team have done the hard work for you ahead of the feature Rosehill race, delivering the stats that matter and crucial reasons to back or sack Americain.
Americain – Horse Facts
- Trainer: David Hayes
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Barrier: 8
- Owners: GT & Mrs VJ Ryan, KL & Mrs CO Bamford
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Dynaformer (USA) out of Arazi (USA) mare America (IRE)
- Career: 30-11-4-4
- Prize Money: $5,808,677
- Last Six: 141X32
- Current Queen Elizabeth Stakes Odds: ($4.20)
Yes – Americain can win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- He is at home in big races, having won the 2010 Melbourne Cup
- He will be ridden by experienced jockey Craig Williams
- He is well rested heading into the race, having last run on April 7
No – Americain can’t win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- He has drawn the outside barrier
- He has not won since November last year
- He prefers longer distances and has never won at 2000 metres
Are you backing Americain to cause a Queen Elizabeth Stakes upset? Whether the answer is yes or no, head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best odds when betting this weekend.
First time user? Enter the code BONUSBET when signing up to take advantage of their sensational $300 new customer bonus bet offer!