There is plenty of talent in this Schweppes Australasian Oaks 2012 field at Morphettville on Saturday and with a capacity field of three-year-old fillies ready to face off below the Races.com.au team has the insider form guide and betting preview on the classic.
Since Schweppes Oaks odds opened the Kewney Stakes – MV Fillies Classic double winner has been smashed by the punters firming in form $4.40 to her current quote of $3.80.
There are four other single-figure chances in the markets but all have eased out over the past two days.
So is Empress Rock really the best Schweppes Oaks bet to make this Saturday?
To uncover the answer and find some value in your Morphettville Race 5 exotics we have gone over the Schweppes Australasian Oaks field, form guide, betting history and facts listed below.
2012 Schweppes Australasian Oaks Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Schweppes Oaks winner was the Peter Moody-trained Lights Of Heaven who came off a win in the MV Fillies Classic, jumped from barrier 6 (of 15) and was ridden by Luke Nolen
- This year #1 Empress Rock ($3.80) shoots for the same MV Fillies Classic – Schweppes Oaks double
- Nolen is back for another shot this year riding #10 Our Miss Jones ($7)
- Last year’s winning barrier six belongs on Saturday to #13 Gioe ($101)
- There is just one last start winner engaged with #2 Crucial (Group 3 Schweppervescence Stakes, 1800m, Morphettville, 14/04/2012)
- Other fillies coming via a run in the Schweppervescence Stakes are #3 Rahveel (2nd), #15 Crimson Lady (3rd), #8 Invest (4th), #1 Empress Rock (5th), #16 Essence (6th), #14 Princess Rock (8th), #18e Elldami (9th) and #7 Rock Culture (12th)
- #1 Empress Rock ($3.80) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 42.86% followed by #15 Crimson Lady (40.00) and #11 Kasumi (37.50%)
- Fillies with the best Place Percentages are #17 Quick Retort (100%), #10 Our Miss Jones (80%), #20 Crystalised (80.00%), #5 Sharnee Rose (75.00%) and #1 Empress Rock (71.43%)
- The only two previous Morphettville winners are #2 Crucial (1-1-0-0) and #7 Rock Culture (6-2-0-2)
- Over the distance the horses with the best form are #9 Red Typhoon (2-1-0-0), #13 Gioe (2-0-0-1), #3 Rahveel (1-0-1-0) and #4 Secret Liaison (1-0-0-1)
- There is a chance of a Slow rated track at Morphettville on Saturday and if this is the case the fillies to back in the Oaks are #15 Crimson Lady (1-1-0-0), #2 Crucial (3-0-2-1), #5 Sharnee Rose (1-0-1-0), #13 Gioe (1-0-1-0) and #8 Invest (2-0-0-2)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our Schweppes Australasian Oaks betting tips and selections to be published shortly.
In the meantime how does a $300 Bonus Bet sound?
Simply open a new account with bookmaker.com.au today and quote the code BONUSBET!