Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Gai Waterhouse’s flying Al Maher gelding Fat Al has opened the short priced favourite to win the Frank Packer Plate 2012 at Randwick’s Sydney Cup Day on Saturday, but can the youngster maintain their impressive form for another win?
Running as Royal Randwick Race 2 at 1:04pm the $125,000 Group 3 Johnnie Walker Frank Packer Plate (2000m) field features 10 smart three-year-olds.
Topping the Frank Packer Plate odds at bookmaker.com.au is Fat Al at a quote of $2.10.
A winner of four of their six career starts to date including their two this season Fat Al has also come up with a plum draw in barrier two with Nash Rawiller retaining the ride.
Rawiller was aboard Fat Al for their big two length victory in the Group 3 Carbine Club Stakes (1600m) at the track last start, the horse also having drawn barrier two of 10 for that run.
There are currently four other horses under single figures in the Frank Packer Plate markets with:
- #2 Ambidexter ($5) – Peter Snowden’s nice Commands colt comes off two close fourth place finishes at Group 1 level in the Randwick and Rosehill Guineas, will appreciate dropping back in class here. Main Danger to the Favourite.
- #3 Rekindled Alliance ($5.50) – Comes off a brave Australian Derby fifth, just off the better horses and coming back to the 2000m will sharpen them and suit. Distance is right for this classy type.
- #7 Iggi Pop ($7.50) – Hasn’t raced since their fourth in the Tulloch on Golden Slipper Day, James McDonald stays on. Kiwi factor but not the fitness to win.
- #1 Isopach ($9) – Nice price on the Tulloch Stakes third placed Isopach, record is hit and miss but they are well tried and this looks the right race for them to shine. Good Place Bet.
So what’s the Races.com.au team’s exclusive Frank Packer Plate tip?
- #5 Fat Al ($2.10) from #3 Rekindled Alliance and #1 Isopach
Favourite looks hard to beat, come off two big wins including at the track and while they haven’t seen the 2000-metres they did put an easy 5.5 lengths on their Canterbury rivals over 1900m last November. Don’t sack!
Back our Frank Packer Plate trifecta tip, or your own selections, at the hottest prices online at the country’s premier online bookie bookmaker.com.au.
Don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account? Sign up with them today, it only takes two minutes, and if you deposit and quote the code BONUSBET you will also be eligible for a $300 Bonus Welcome Bet!
2012 Frank Packer Plate Odds
Royal Randwick Race 2 – 1:04pm – 28/04/2012
|3||REKINDLED ALLIANCE (9)||5.50|
|5||FAT AL (2)||2.10|
|6||JUST THE TONIC (7)||21.00|
|7||IGGI POP (3)||7.50|
|8||DANZIG KING (6)||101.00|
|9||OUTLAW PRINCE (5)||91.00|
|10||DEVONSHIRE DUKE (4)||201.00|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.