Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Queensland gelding Temple Of Boom gets a chance to prove his Group 1 credentials this Saturday when he turns out in the 2012 Galaxy at Royal Randwick.
The Tony Gollan-trained five-year-old made his debut in elite level racing in late February but is yet to set the world alight in the top grade, finishing sixth in the Coolmore Stakes before running 10th in the Newmarket Handicap.
A son of British horse Piccolo, the gelding is a born sprinter, with his nine victories from 28 starts all having come at distances from 900 to 1200 metres.
There is no doubting Temple Of Boom’s talent, which was well and truly on display when winning twice at Group level last spring, but he has to turn around his recent poor run of form which most recently saw him finish eighth in the Sebring Stakes.
Fancy a punt on the Galaxy this weekend? Temple Of Boom is currently $9.00 with Races.com.au preferred bookie bookmaker.com.au. Keep reading to find out all the crucial facts as to why or why not you should back the Queensland sprinter this weekend.
Horse Facts –Temple Of Boom
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Barrier: 9
- Trainer: Tony Gollan
- Owner: Mrs P Gollan, Eureka Stud Synd (MGRS: C & S McAlpine), A Gamble, J Riddle, B Siemsen, A Dunemann, J Schloss
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Piccolo out of Temple Spirit
- Career: 28 9-4-5
- Prize Money: $880,245
- Current Galaxy Odds: $9.00 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Temple Of Boom can win the 2012 Galaxy
- He has more race experience than favourites Bel Sprinter and Nobby Snip
- He has a good winning record of nine victories from 28 starts
- He has a good wet track record
- He has won at 1100 metres before
Why Temple Of Boom can’t win the 2012 Galaxy
- He has never won a Group 1 race
- He has been in poor form so far in 2012
- He has never raced at Randwick before
Got the winner picked for the Galaxy this weekend? Then head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best value odds.
Unfamiliar with the Aussie owned bookie? Sign up today as they are currently rewarding first time depositing customers with bonus bets up to $300!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.