Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
The 2012 Australian Oaks tips for Saturday’s Royal Randwick clash aren’t really a matter of which three-year-old filly will win but by how much Streama will beat them home by in the mud.
Guy Walter’s emphatic Flight Stakes winner from last spring has dominated the bookmaker.com.au markets for the $550,000 Group 1 Patinack Farm Australian Oaks (2400m) since markets on the small eight-horse final field opened – and deservedly so.
She currently sits at an odds-on price of $1.60 and really punters should be snapping it up, and it seems they are.
A solid effort last start at Mornington with Craig Williams riding has seen a little bit of money for $34 roughie Rock Robster but really the decent money is all on Streama for the Oaks.
“Apart from a nibble on Rock Robster at big odds Streama is the only one punters want,” Ryan Clark from bookmaker.com.au said.
“Huge money straight out as well as plenty loading her into multis.”
Streama’s form this time in has been outstanding, most recently the daughter of Stratum finishing only half a length off Saturday’s Doncaster Mile co-favourite More Joyous in the Vinery Stud Stakes (2000m) at Rosehill.
While the lead-up hasn’t been ideal for a mile and a half feature, Streama only saw 2000-metres for the first time last start, there’s little to suggest she won’t salute for the punters on Saturday.
Walter would prefer it a little firmer that it will be on Saturday but his filly is classy and really can handle the ground.
Streama has won and placed on a Heavy (9), the victory a black type at Randwick this time last year, and this Australian Oaks field is far from vintage.
So are the Races.com.au team sticking with Streama for the win? You bet!
Randwick Race 5 Betting – Australian Oaks Tips
#1 Streama ($1.60)
- Is a Group 1 winner
- Has the best Heavy track record (2-1-0-1)
- Odds-on for a reason
- Beaten better than this
- Boasts the highest Win Rate (41.67%) and Place Percentage (83.33%)
- Comes off a brilliant second to Mosheen
- Undefeated at Randwick (2-2-0-0)
- Hugh Bowman rides, only jockey with a past Australian Oaks win this time
#Full Of Spirit ($5)
- Good debut win down under last Saturday in the Adrian Knox
- Trainer says won’t like it too Heavy but should go okay
- Second highest Win Rate (33.33%) and Place Percentage (55.56%)
- Only last-start winner in the field
- Only other to have won here aside from the favourite
#4 Aliyana Tilde ([“blink text=$9”])
- Has run and won on Heavy (8) ground this time in
- 50% Place rate not bad
- Comes off a third in the Vinery Stud Stakes
Roughie We Like:
#6 Lightens ($41)
- Huge odds
- Stablemate of Streama so could try to follow her
- Will handle the 2400-metres
- Kerrin McEvoy stays on
- Fourth last Saturdya in the Adrian Knox – can improve
Like what the Races.com.au tipsters are saying about this Saturday’s Australian Oaks and want to lock in our trifecta tip at the hottest prices?
Visit our number one recommended online sportsbook bookmaker.com.au today and remember to quote the codeword BONUSBET when joining up to be instantly rewarded with a bonus bet to the value of $300!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.