Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the nine Group race features set to run at Royal Randwick for Australian Derby Day this Saturday will be the Chairman’s Handicap 2012, the Races.com.au team’s insider tips for which are detailed below.
Running as Randwick Race 8 at 4:15pm, the Group 2 Schweppes Chairman’s Quality Handicap (2600m) is shaping up as a top showdown between 16 exciting stayers, many of which will by vying for the 2012 Sydney Cup ballot exemption on offer to the winner.
They are in flying form and the distance is going to suit, Randwick also holds no fears but can they be beaten?
The other major dangers as perceived by the bookies are the Gai Waterhouse-trained duo of defending Chairman’s Handicap winner Once Were Wild ($7) and last year’s Sydney Cup runner-up Older Than Time ($7.50).
Add a former Melbourne Cup winner in Efficient ($8) into the mix and you have a cracker clash on the cards.
So will one of these top four salute or is their value backing one of the double-figure chances in the Chairman’s Handicap betting markets?
The Races.com.au team has taken the guess work out of your Chairman’s Quality Handicap bets and have our exclusive predictions listed below.
Randwick Race 8 Betting – 2012 Chairman’s Quality Tips
#3 Once Were Wild ($7)
- Defending champ prime to go back-to-back
- Randwick suits and they are more likely to peak here than the Sydney Cup
- Slashing third over 1900m last start, searching for more ground
- Should be prime third-up
- Hasn’t won a race in 12 months but hasn’t done much racing so ignore that
#5 Permit ($2.80)
- There recent form cannot be ignored
- Out a little wide, has the distance to make it up
- Proven at the distance
- Held on well to win the NE Manion last time out over the likes of Precedence and Older Than Time
- Win / Place rate of 59% is impressive
Roughie We Like:
#10 Anudjawun ($14)
- Ran second in this last year and probably targeted to finish top four again
- Great Win / Place rate of 52%
- Has run a good second over this track and distance
- Glen Boss rides from barrier three – both positives
- Wasn’t far off them when third over 2000m at Caulfield last start
- Hasn’t seen Randwick (or any Sydney track) in a year but if they race the right way they’re in it
Like what we have to say about this Sydney Carnival stayer’s showdown and want to back out Chairman’s Handicap trifecta tip in at the best odds?
Head to our No. 1 recommended online bookie bookmaker.com.au now and quote the code BONUSBET upon sign-up to also enjoy a juicy bonus bet valued up to $300!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.