Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the three Group 1 showdowns on the Randwick race card for Saturday’s Australian Derby Day will be the ATC Inglis Sires Produce Stakes 2012, the comprehensive form analysis and betting guide for which can be found right here.
Due to jump at 2:16pm as Royal Randwick Race 6, the $500,000 Group 1 Inglis Sires Produce Stakes (1400m) field features only seven two-year-olds for the 2012 edition.
Among them, however, is a Golden Slipper winner in Pierro and an odds-on favourite in All Too Hard.
So can Gai Waterhouse’s undefeated Golden Slipper champ Pierro back up just seven days later and salute in another elite level?
Will Black Caviar’s half-brother All Too Hard continue the flawless form bought on by his breeding and salute for the punters?
Or can one of the outsiders in the Inglis Sires Produce Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au score a massive Derby Day upset with the likes of Waterhouse’s other hopeful Raceway or the John O’Shea-trained duo Faustus and Ashokan?
If you go by the markets the Hawkes-trained All Too Hard is all but unbeatable, the Casino Prince colt paying $1.65 to win their fourth straight since their February debut.
Pierro follows on $2.40 with the bookies wary of how hard a Golden Slipper back-up can be.
The rest of the Inglis Sires Produce Stakes field can be found at $21 and over at bookmaker.com.au and it really is a very brave punter that backs outside the top two here.
Still in horse racing anything can happen so below the Races.com.au team take a detailed look on the Inglis Sires Produce Stakes form, betting history and facts to uncover where the value is at this weekend.
2012 Inglis Sires Produce Stakes Form Guide Stats & Betting Facts
- Last year’s winner was the Peter Snowden-trained Helmet who came off back-to-back wins at Rosehill, hadn’t seen the 1400m before, jumped from barrier 6 (of 11) and was ridden by Kerrin McEvoy
- Snowden will attempt back-to-back wins this year saddling up the two 2012 roughies with #6 Tatra ($201) and #7 Limes ($101), the second of which will be ridden by last year’s winning hoop McEvoy
- While the field size (7 compared to 11) is much smaller than 12 months ago, last year’s winning barrier (6) also belongs to #7 Limes
- Horses coming off a win this year are the two top elects with #1 Pierro (Group 1 Golden Slipper, 1200m, Rosehill, 07/04/2012) and #2 All Too Hard (Group 2 Pago Pago Stakes, 1200m, Rosehill, 31/03/2012)
- #1 Pierro ($2.40) and #2 All Too Hard ($1.65) are both undefeated and so boast the highest Win and Place Rates – 100%
- Following with the next best winning strike rate is then #3 Raceway ($21) with 50.00%
- #1 Pierro (1-1-0-0) and #5 Ashokan (1-1-0-0) have both won at Randwick before, Pierro in the Listed Thoroughbred Breeders Plate (1000m) last October and Ashokan in the Group 3 Skyline Stakes (1200m) back on March 17
- #2 All Too Hard (1-1-0-0) is the only hopeful to have won over the 1400-metres previously when they put four lengths on their closest rival in the Group 2 Henry Bucks Sires Produce Stakes at Flemington on March 10
- Five of the seven horses in the field are prepared by a former Inglis Sires Produce Stakes winning trainer with #1 Pierro ($2.4) and #3 Raceway ($2) for Gai Waterhouse, #2 All Too Hard ($1.65) for John Hawkes who now trainers in partnership with his sons Wayne and Michael Hoawes, and the aforementioned #6 Tatra ($21) and #7 Limes ($101) for Peter Snowden
- Along with #7 Limes (Kerrin McEvoy) the other horse with a previous Inglis Sires Produce Stakes winning jockey on their back this year will be #1 Pierro (Nash Rawiller)
Sticking with All Too Hard for the win? Or think Golden Slipper winner Pierro can bring it home again?
It doesn’t matter whether you are backing a $1.01 favourite or a $101 roughie, the best horse racing odds and autumn betting offers can be found in one place – bookmaker.com.au.
So Sign up with Bookmaker.com.au Now and enjoy a $300 Bonus Bet on the house when you enter the promotional code BONUSBET!
2012 ATC Inglis Sires Produce Stakes Field & Form Guide
Royal Randwick Race 5 – 2:16pm – 14/04/2012
|1.||PIERRO||Ms G Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||2||56.5||2yoC||7||$599,038||4: 4 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1×111|
|2.||ALL TOO HARD||“M, W and J Hawkes||Dwayne Dunn||3||56.5||2yoC||14||$106,233||3: 3 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||111|
|3.||RACEWAY||Ms G Waterhouse||Hugh Bowman||7||56.5||2yoR||7||$69,250||4: 2 1 0||50.00%||75.00%||1125|
|4.||FAUSTUS||J A O’shea||Craig Williams||5||56.5||2yoC||7||$29,500||4: 1 1 0||25.00%||50.00%||1×250|
|5.||ASHOKAN||J A O’shea||Jimmy Cassidy||4||56.5||2yoC||7||$29,433||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||210|
|6.||TATRA||Peter Snowden||Joshua Parr||1||56.5||2yoC||35||$19,913||4: 1 0 0||25.00%||25.00%||1×444|
|7.||LIMES||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||6||56.5||2yoC||14||$10,150||3: 0 0 2||0.00%||66.67%||3×43|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.